Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Fischer’s is my go-to, but it is really small and almost always full.

When I say really small, there’s probably 25-30 seats in there including the bar. Maybe not even that many.

So, if you roll up with 16, you’ll likely be waiting for people to leave for hours just so four of you at a time can claim a table.

i wonder what the hours of the recently renovated ryder cup bar at the ocean course clubhouse will be like? great views, good food, priced at a premium

I was thinking ask the clubhouse as well. Rent a couple of vans. Enjoy it!

What’s up South Carolinians?? Wanted to introduce myself, I just moved to Greenville SC, lived in Augusta, GA for the last 8ish years. Would love to play with some Nesters up here, traditionally I’m about a 3-4 handicap, but that’s been tested with a toddler and a second on the way. None of my new friends up here play golf (damn shame), so if anybody plays on weekends and needs a 4th, shoot me a message!

3 Likes

Join the slack. I post regular opportunities to play on the weekends. Slack

1 Like

Also have a GVL event upcoming you should get on. Meet most of us. Get Shorty- 3's Greenville April 27 2024

2 Likes

Hey PGS, support ya boi @tchap80 via this raffle.
Or better yet, make your way to Detroit and support him in person, maybe even win an NIT spot for your troubles.

2 Likes

Crossposting in here in case anyone local might be interested

1 Like

Unfortunate we never crossed paths in Augusta, but if you ever come back down let me know.

1 Like

Welcome Stew. Added you to the PGS so you should have access to our little area that has all the links you could need.

Just a shame @dclthomas couldn’t do that for you when he replied yesterday. SMH

2 Likes

And I do this how? You forget I’m over 40, I don’t know how any of this works. Figured I’d have to be an admin or something.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
Excited to play a little golf with this crew when I get the chance!

1 Like

Have space Saturday 11:16 @ Three Pines if you’re interested. I posted to slack too

Wish I could but I’ll be out of town this weekend unfortunately

1 Like

What’s up SC? Headed down to the Monday practice round at the Masters and staying in Columbia. Looking for some advice on decent but affordable courses to play. I’m the only true junkie in the group, and we have one high handicapper who is just along for the ride, so trying to keep things reasonable.

We are flying in to Charlotte on Saturday, and will be looking for a round on the drive down. Any recommendations between Charlotte and Columbia?

Sunday AM we will be playing at Oak Hill, our host is a member there. Sunday PM we will possibly be looking for another round near Columbia, or we might be down near Aiken visiting the 21 Golf Club site. I’m not holding out a ton of hope for getting a round in down there at a reasonable price. But any recommendations around Columbia, or between Aiken and Columbia?

Thanks! Happy to reciprocate with any Michigan recommendations.

I’d start calling around and see what’s available. Aiken GC is popular but everything will be busy obviously.

Yeah I looked at Aiken and it’s $140 that week. Honestly not all that bad, but I didn’t check on availability because I’m pretty sure the others in my group would rather stick around Columbia that day.

The local in our group has mentioned Edgewater in Lancaster as an option for the ride down from Charlotte. It looks… fine I guess? For about $80?

Edgewater is not bad. I’d say as far as conditioning and design, it’s very similar to Cobblestone, which is another option for you.

Edgewater is built on clay, though, so it drains really poorly.

So, if it is rainy a day or two before the day you plan on playing, it will still be pretty muddy.

I really enjoy Edgewater. Good value for the money and it’s usually empty. It’s out in the middle of nowhere though, grab some food before or after because it’s a solid hour drive.

2 Likes

You could try Chester Golf Club as well. 6 miles off I77

1 Like