Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Taking a cue from Canada and Wisconsin. I’m Jimmy from Greenville. Clemson grad in 2007. Play off a 7 right now, but that fluctuates with the timing of the swing :joy:. Looking forward to interacting with everyone on here.

5 Likes

I’m in Greenville, but an Auburn grad. Play to a 6-8, can be higher as I don’t play a ton. Lots of kids, not much time.

1 Like

Current Clemson student here. Play more than I should and less than I want. Go tigers

2 Likes

Checking in from Charleston. Moved here in 2009 from Arkansas. Lucky to break 100, but doing my best to improve.

4 Likes

Greenwood - the land of cheap, good golf!

3 Likes

Currently live in Greenville, SC. Furman University Student, Class of 2020.

1 Like

Checking in from Columbia, SC. U of South Carolina '06 grad

2 Likes

Myrtle Beach checking in

1 Like

Only played Greenwood and Stoney Point down there, but enjoyed them.

Where do you play out of? I’m at CCC

Play on the club team at Clemson. Walker course is nice but there’s so many great courses around that I need to play.

1 Like

Hit up Boscobel man! I’m a former employee :joy:

Moved from central Florida to Charleston. Stetson University '15 Grad.

1 Like

DC3

Charleston born, Pawleys’ Island bred, Grenville transplant.

Recovering decent golfer. Still willing to Wolf Hammer.

5 Likes

DC3, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to chime in.

I’ll provide some background for you guys - an invite to the BMW Charity Pro-AM falls out of the sky for me last May, wife is already in a mood because of how much time I spent on site the previous week at the Players but gives the go-ahead to play. I drive 5+ hours up to Greenville, grab a practice round and the lady in the shop checking me in says “wait, you’re Tron? I’ve got something here for you.” She hands me a purple crown royal sack filled with whiskey, local knowledge and assorted goodies courtesy of DC3. Never met the guy prior (still never met him) and he barely followed up to see if I’d actually received it - just good natured hospitality. Pretty indelible moment for me, and hopefully the type of altruistic, relaxed attitude that The Refuge and NLU are evocative of. :call_me_hand:

21 Likes

How did you enjoy playing Furman? I’m a sophomore here, try to get out and play three or four times a week. They allow students to walk for free on the weekdays, so I take advantage of that probably more than I should. But I found it interesting for them to host the BMW Charity at Furman. I really wanted to stay to work the tournament last year (the school asked us to), but already had a family vacation planned I have nothing against the course, but in essence I just feel like it’s too easy. The front 9 is some of the most straight forward golf you can play. I usually won’t shoot above 37 when I play it, and have gone as low as a 32. But the back is just a completely different animal. I want to say it might be because we tend to just play 9 sometimes, especially in the winter after class with such little daylight, but wanted to get another opinion on the difficulty difference between the front and the back, as well as what you thought about the course as a whole. I honestly think it’s in great shape and they take good care of it. Greens are usually pretty solid and are true to the eye, but again I feel like I may be a little biased since I can play here for free whenever I want. Any and all input is accepted.

You needed whiskey to get through a five and a half hour round in the rain at Verdae. It was the least I could do.

2 Likes

I’m out at Spring Valley

1 Like

Welcome man! Very nice gesture for @Tron . I think we may have a mutual acquantince. I believe you played in a tournament or two with Dillon Mays? I played my 45 holes at Sweetens with him last year or the year before. Let’s tee it up sometime after I’m done with tax season or on a Sunday. You can take my money!

1 Like

I’m Josh from Greenville. 1 handicap. uSC grad 1999. golf is fun but REALLy fun with plenty of booze✌

2 Likes