Roll Call: Rhode Island

Done. Booked a 4-some at Newport National for 7:30 on 7/8.

I figured it won’t be too hard to find a fourth.

@Gunner22

2 Likes

@DJsCokeDealer @ThinToWin Hey guys. Have to go into office on 7/8. Have to take a rain check. Sorry about that

2 Likes

No worries!

1 Like

Get involved Rhode Island!

Sakonnet is awesome. some great Ross history and family there. Friend Ron Burnett was a member there. but moved. Hope to play early OCT with the Ross Society.

Hey guys, I have a foursome planning on visiting Rhode Island the weekend of 10/9 (probably trying to play 1 round Friday, two Saturday, one Sunday). We’re coming from Pittsburgh and NJ and staying in the Providence area. Will most public courses be open that time of year/is the weather typically pleasant?

Fellow New Englanders! There are few spots still open for the Boston Golf & Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper Golf Course this Saturday. DM if interested - its gonna be sweet.

yea should be cooler but definitely playable. triggs is in providence, id reccomend meadowbrook and newport national as well

1 Like

IDK how far you’re willing to drive but Connecticut National is right across the border (about 35 min from PVD) and is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Newport National. Meadowbrook. Montaup. Triggs. Cranston. North Kingstown. Valley.

In that order.

NN is a must play though.

1 Like

Riding in style over to BI this morning

3 Likes

I have a 12 man Ryder Cup event next weekend Sept 9-12 in Rhode Island. Newport area. 2 guys just bailed today so looking to fill 2 more spots. Let me know if anyone is interested. 18 Thursday afternoon at Green Valley, 36 Friday at MeadowBrook, 36 Saturday Newport National and 18 Sunday AM at Exeter.

1 Like

I will be in RI on Monday the 20th if anyone is interested in playing at Sakonnet. Just let me know.

1 Like

Ended up playing NN, Meadowbrook, and Triggs (and played the front 9 of North Kingstown after I got off my flight). Thanks for the recommendations! Loved all of them but definitely need to get back to Newport National when it’s warmer. Such a great course.

NN is the Best public in the state. Too bad you didn’t play back 9 at NK. Much better layout and views. Nothing like playing your second shot into a par 4 with literally billions of dollars with of Air Force carriers 50 yards right of green.

1 Like

Hello from RI. Has anyone had a good experience taking lessons in the Biggest Little?

Todd Campbell Golf

In the process of moving to a brand new facility at Cranston CC. Was just built.

Bumping my annual July 4th trip to RI for this year. Will be arriving 7/1 and in town until 7/10 if anyone needs a 4th or if there are any Roost meetups let me know!

Any Ocean State Nesters want to go launch’ em with a member of The Peachtree Collective?

So I’m coming back to Newport for the folk festival and I’m seriously considering bringing my clubs and booking an early morning tee time at Newport National on Thursday, July 21. (Unless you would be willing to host me on your home course, would be much obliged!)

Captain’s Daughters on me.

Folk on!

1 Like

One last call… I booked a 4pm round at Newport National tomorrow (Weds). If any RI Nesters want to join, would love to hang. Conversely, if you missed the last post, I could also pivot to 7:10am on Thursday, but as no one else has booked that tee time, they won’t allow me to book a single. If you’re interested in that, I’d be happy to play Thursday morning instead. Hit me up!

1 Like