Roll Call: Rhode Island

Wish I could. One of my favorite spots.

1 Like

Going to be in Middletown for a wedding on 9/24. Called ahead and booked a block of tee times at NN (I’m a disciple and big time
Shoulder season guy there)

HOWEVAH

There’s been whisperings amongst the group to play a Friday round as well… Anybody with recommendations on the other best local tracks there?

Montaup isnt far and a solid course thatll give you plenty of water views

2 Likes

Are they semi-private? Open to unaccompanied guest play?

i assume open to unaccompanied bc we played it before a newport wedding and everyone was from boston.

Montaup :muscle:t3::+1:t3:

Calling them tomorrow based on the 3 day window… Realllllly hoping / need the 11 am slot with a rehearsal starting at 4

As a backup, is Green Valley any good?? (Wide open tee sheet at the moment)

Good afternoon Rhode Island, transplant whos been living in Newport the past few years. Looking for somewhere new to play. Usually play Exeter, Triggs, and jamestown (if i can deal the annoance of their starter). Was looking at goin to Meadowbrook but wasnt how it stacked up. Any thoughts.

Meadowbrook is nice. They did some renovations last year and some of the low areas were still really soft after a good amount of rain, but still better conditions than Triggs. I would say it’s similar to Exeter. I’ve never played Jamestown.

1 Like

Friends,

Will be in town (Narragansett) from 7/1-7/12 if anyone wants to get out for a game.

I’m available 7/10 and 7/11 if there’s interest in a meetup.

1 Like

Anyone around Newport during the week of Folk Fest?

I’ll be up there from July 26-31 for Folk Fest. Would love to play an early morning round local to Newport on the 27th if anyone is game. Played Newport National last year, loved it.

If anyone is a Newport CC member, could I ply you with scotch to get on?

If you find someone please give them my info as well.

1 Like

LOL. Will do. I did see Jay Leno wandering the streets last time … maybe I’ll try to flag him down this year

1 Like

Bumping this if anyone needs a 4th in the coming days.

Anyone in here happen to be the 6:09am tomorrow at North Kingstown?

Playing Newport National on Thurs the 27th at 9:40 if anyone wants to join. I think I’m the only one booked.

Greetings!

Very new to the Refuge, but an avid fan of the program and all-round golf sicko.
Will be heading to Providence for three months (mid sept- mid dec) this fall. I’m a Swede and my wife is a researcher and will be a visiting scholar at Brown University. I will tag along with our two, by then one year old, twin girls. I am on my parental leave (from my work at IKEA - Yes, I am a Swede that works for IKEA) so will be exploring the area - every day. The girls make it tough to play golf - but not impossible.

If anyone who lives in the Providence area wants to meet up and watch mule fall event on the PGA tour or just grab a beer/lunch and chat I am very much up for it.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Welcome to the States and enjoy Providence! I’m a Brown grad (2016) myself. Your wife will love her experience there I imagine. I also got married in Providence last summer, so you could say I really love the area lol

If you would like any local tips or recommendations, feel free to DM me!

1 Like