A thread for the Texas folks

Sorry yall - wife is about to pop or id throw my name in the ring!

Do you have any friends that want to play?

1 Like

What’s up people! New to the Nest and (fairly) new to DFW. Live in Dallas and love playing Cedar Crest, Stevens, & am always looking for new tracks.

If anyone is ever looking for an addition to a group, would love to join!

PS - Currently working for the TX Rangers in Arlington, so happy to throw some tickets to anyone who wants to come out to a game.

19 Likes

What’s up Steve? If you haven’t already, join our WhatsApp. Link is below.

1 Like

Welcome! The WhatsApp link is the best way to get mixed up with us. Also, we have a local “Roost” called Big Plex. Sign-up here, and I’ll add you to the list in here and I can tag everyone at once with a notification for events, merch, etc.

Big Plex Roost/Local Chapter - Google Sheets

Next group event is our first Sunday night couples scramble at Keeton Park June 5.

Big Plex Couples Scramble - Events - No Laying Up

Our big event June 11 is full and our season qualifying competition is nearly over, but we’re working on getting some late/summer and fall events on the calendar.

Follow us on instagram at @bigplexroostnlu

Awesome - thanks, fellas. Signed up on the spreadsheet and joined the WhatsApp group.

Looking forward to connecting at some point soon!

1 Like

Hi fellow Texans!

I have 4 PGA Championship tickets/Saturday $225 each. Please message me if you are interested in purchasing!

Just added myself to the Big Plex Roost Sheet - hope to meet some of you soon. If anyone could instruct me how to join the Roll Call thread it would be much appreciated…

Stevens Park forever!

3 Likes

Welcome! I’ll invite you so you get tagged on any messages I send out to the entire roost. I think that will get you into all the Big Plex threads.

Strongly encourage you to join the WhatsApp chat Nick posted above - that’s the best way to get out and play some rounds with us in the Plex. It won’t be hard to get folks to join you at Stevens.

June 5 couples scramble is our next official group outing (alas our big event on June 11 is already full), but as you’ll see in the thread, we have tee times with spots every week. We’re working to get some more official events on the calendar for late summer and fall. Any ideas or assistance is always welcome.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Already dropped this in the MidTex & STROHs WhatsApp but lighting the torch in here:

I’m looking to do a 36 hole day in Houston on 6/17, Gus Wortham in the AM and Memorial in the PM, in order to get some rounds in for our STROHs Muny Tour.

Looking for both company as well as someone who can help get a Memorial tee time at a local rate, if you’re able to, first couple beers are on me! Give me a shout if interested

4 Likes

Depending on dates, certainly join ya for one of those. Just played memorial yesterday, needs another a week or 10 days to be recovered from punch a week ago.

1 Like

If I’m around I might be able to make one of those rounds work. If I can’t make memorial you can use my name or a few other guys on the refuge to get that $100 discount.

The big plex has 5-7 spots open for our 36 hole event on Saturday!

Hit up @DuckDuckHook or myself and we’ll get you a team

125 gets you 36 holes a cart warm up balls a hat lunch

3 Likes

@CARAID y’all down to tee it up for one/both of these rounds next Friday? presumably we’ll have to get tee times tomorrow morning

1 Like

Did you already get tee times? I saw a 1:10 I snatched at Gus. Yesterday they opened at midnight. Memorial doesn’t have much left since they open two weeks out with a fee. I hear 3 days out at 6 am there are some reserve times. So might check it Monday morning.

aaaaaah damnit, i figured they would open tonight at midnight or tomorrow morning. i’m likely in for that 110 at GW though. let me see if i can convince someone to ride with from Austin!

Wait nvm it opens tonight at Gus. I booked tomorrow like an idiot.

hahahahaha nice, alright, can we both try and snag something around like 9-10? to keep that 36 potential possible?

@Hellyeahdude @Iceman are both interested in riding along from Austin too

@anotherballromes @Iceman @Hellyeahdude boom, 1010am next Friday

2 Likes

Memorial times should open Tuesday at 6am

1 Like