A thread for the Texas folks

Wild that the asking price for damming a creek to build a pond on a golf hole is now $1 million. Maybe that’s what it’s always been.

2 Likes

Saw some El Paso mentions earlier. Will be there over Memorial Weekend with the fam visiting fam. Anyone have a sense of the conditions of Butterfield Trail and Painted Dunes?

We’ve played Butterfield the last three Memorial Weekends. Good value. Sand Valley Lite at times. Conditions deteriorated each passing year.

Anyone with connections to Coronado CC who could get a twosome out?

1 Like

Has anyone living in the Austin area heard the rumor about Hancock Golf Course being torn down and developed into residential? I live by the course and would hate to see it go.

It’s a very long story. I will try to shorten, with the caveat that others probably know more than I.

• Hancock was losing money, the city council told Parks department to fix it
  • Parks department came up with some ideas involving privatization
  • Neighborhood reacted strongly against this, though without real consensus
  • Covid came and more people started playing golf
  • Hancock made money last fiscal year and appears likely to again
  • Parks department has agreed to stand down for now
  • Neighborhood is still energized, still not unified
8 Likes

For any Dallas guys I went and hit balls at golf ranch in far north Dallas today. The range has always been great, but they’ve put in a ton of work on the short course / pitch and putt. Was really impressed with the tee boxes and greens on it.

5 Likes

That spot has the potential for an unreal 9 hole course. Hard to imagine they’ll ever change it though.

1 Like

I definitely agree. I do like the pitch and putt style currently, though. You get a variety of shots from like 115 yards down to 40 yards. I really just wish they had a bigger bunker area. That’s my only real qualm with them currently.

1 Like

Question for the Dallas/Fort Worth crew: is The Bridges course at Firewheel Park walkable?

Yes until you have to switch between 9’s. Depending on which two 9’s you are playing. Wouldn’t be bad for a couple of them.

Masters to champion?

That’s a long one between. Doable if you don’t mind that one long stroll between 9’s.

1 Like

Could also hop on with a playing partner between 9’s and it’s nbd

1 Like

Does anyone in the DFW area have any extra Saturday tickets to the Byron Nelson? They’re sold out online…

1 Like

Fellow Texans - Don’t miss out on the TX Cup raffle! Get in on an ever growing prize list that includes TPC SA access, a Jones bag, ferrules, headcovers, and of course clubs!

1 Like

I know I didn’t ask for recommendations, but everyone who let me eat at Original in Ft Worth on Cinco de Mayo are the worst.

2 Likes

Oh I would’ve sent you away so fast. It’s just a place that wealthy people in Rivercrest like because… well I don’t even know why they like it other than convenient location.

Yeah…the crowd that was in there aligns with this, but the food was just so bad. So bad.

Stockyards was a fun time after, though actually eating a full dinner might have been helpful for the 8a tee time at Bear Creek this morning…

2 Likes

Is the third deck somewhere you want to hang your senior year?
Get a cart. If Chris Brown is in the golf shop, tell him you know the lefty. Weird shit may happen.

2 Likes

Some may call it the opportunity of a lifetime.

4 Likes

We are still in need.

1 Like