A thread for the Texas folks

Thanks bud. I’ll be around the whole weekend if we can sneak Memorial in.

I know this may not be a great forum to ask and maybe a bit taboo, first let me say I am 100% NLU! However, I do consume other outlets and something I’ve always wondered was, how often is it that our bois and ForePlay guys interact?

There’s a Barstool thread you can read through/ask this. I have no clue nor do I plan on going through this thread to find out.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/barstool-thread/2621

3 Likes

My guess is about as much as the ForePlay guys interact with this thread…

2 Likes

Got an opening for a tournament at Buffalo Creek tomorrow if anyone can make it?

1 Like

DFW golfer here…have lived in the mid-cities area since 2006. I have played most of my golf at Bear Creek and Texas Star, but also played many other DFW courses. Currently playing mostly at Rockwood in Ft Worth.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully we can get out and play a few rounds.

5 Likes

Welcome @kapsularian!

Here’s our WhatsApp thread if you haven’t already joined!

1 Like

Anyone been to the Club Champion in Fort Worth? I have a full bag fitting this Saturday. Any tips or advice are greatly appreciated. I have had a professional fitting before, but with all of the new launch monitor and analytics stuff thought it was time for a look at the bag setup.

2 Likes

I have not been but would love to hear how it goes. I’m in the Driver market and was thinking about getting fitted there or outdoors at Leonard’s.

1 Like

One of my normal playing buddies did a full bag fitting at the FW Club Champion. He loved it, and his on course results did improve pretty quick. He recommends it to anyone that has the coin to do it.

2 Likes

Be prepared to pay a premium and 4-8 week minimum lead times should you end up ordering through CC.

1 Like

strongly second this. the premium that CC charges over ordering through a country club or even directly from a manufacturer is hilariously high. Have had multiple friends who highly enjoyed their fitting experience and then balked at the price for the clubs, only to be able to get the same specs direct from manufacturer or other club builders for 25-30% less

1 Like

Yep. The fitting itself has been solid in my experience but man…theyre proud of their “assembly and service” charges.

1 Like

Going to try my best to be strong and not do any impulse buying at CC. Wish me luck

3 Likes

:joy::joy: I’ve already set an stupid high budget and have been saving for months for a single driver

1 Like

Full disclosure - my rogue st max ls with an oban shaft was just shy of 1.2k

the only reason i paid that premium is i was sitting on a couple hundred dollar giftcard.

I did fitting - purchased parts in the after market and brought back to CC and they assembled and add ‘pure’ balance. Saved hundreds of dollars that way. I do recommend CC - not sure id go back for driver fitting cuz I’m far more comfortable hitting driver on range vs indoor trackman studio. Irons etc don’t mind indoor….

My west Texas people
Listening to a podcast with Charles Coody and he said after he quit playing on the PGA tour he helped start a course in Abilene and was there for 7-8 years. Is he talking about the country club or diamond back?

4 Likes

He’s probably talking about Dback, he owned it when it opened in ‘99. Though was involved with Fairway Oaks which was later bought by ACC

2 Likes

Yea he designed Diamondback National. Its a really cool course with some surprising elevation changes and I think it was the top rated public course in west Texas until Rawls opened.

3 Likes