The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

How was Mooresville for folks who played there on Sunday? Haven’t heard anything about this yet!

Little upset about it to say the least…

Damn it I’m never gonna live that down

1 Like

Definitely not. All good man your face was worth the price of admission.

1 Like

If there are any funds left over can we get the pin setter on 13 at Monroe a hooker so that shit never happens again?

9 Likes

Guise,

What an unbelievable weekend. I sometimes wonder why I spend most of my vacation time doing Refuge events… up until the moment I get there. Every time we do one of these things, I find 3-4 new people that I IMMEDIATELY want to spend more time golfing with. It’s amazing. @LukeBoatright and I were texting last night and he said it best: ya’ll aren’t internet friends now, you’re real friends. Thank you to everyone for being flexible in a very fluid situation this weekend, and I’m glad we could pull it off.

New guys, please keep coming to Refuge events. Every one of them is just as fun, I promise.

Everything this weekend was amazing, but I have one thing that really stood out from the rest. Those of you who know me pretty well know that I am ultra-competitive, and probably to a fault. I fucking HAAAATE to lose, and because of that, competitive golf has piqued my interest over the past few years.

The match that I got to play with @leric90 @Fluff and @gatorz7888 at Sifford is probably the most fun that I’ve ever had playing golf. The feeling of being ignorant to anything but winning is something I’ve craved since I finished my college baseball career, and I really appreciate ya’ll for lighting that fire for me. All of you guys are Killers.

For the guys who want to come make the Sweetens pilgrimage, you have a place to stay. I expect plans ASAP from @Fluff @jimithng23 and Tilly (among many others i may have allegedly had that conversation with) to come to town and golf our nuts off.

Lastly, Tilly wanted me to pass on a message. TILLY LIVES!

Love you guise.

24 Likes

I’m having a tough time gathering my thoughts at this current point in time as I truly haven’t had a moment to stop, debrief, and reflect over the weekend’s events.

I will just say this - each and every gui I had the honor of meeting, chatting with, and playing golf with were all absolute joys.

I’ll come back with a clearer mind to hopefully further articulate but for now, you guise are all the freaking best.

7 Likes

Haha, the Refuge needs no more publicity!

And @LukeBoatright may have chunked some wedges but the divots flew majestically. Splendid.

so youre ashamed, got it

Only mildly :joy:

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man: :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

welp its Monday after an event. time for everyone to try desperately to recall names and faces and scores.

For anyone who hasnt gone to an event yet… Take everything you see here. All the memories, jokes, photos, memorable shots and memorable people and times it by at least 10. That is what you personally will feel after one of these things. Simply too much good to put in one post.

As was evident by my first tee shot…I am a mental midget. I am super competitive and yet have little to 0 competitive experience. hence I choke. I was a little sour that noone made fun of me when I topped my tee shot - silence - soul piercing silence. fuq y’all very much.

it wasn’t until the back nine and then at sifford (with some liquid courage) that i really got comfortable in my swing. Thanks to @tedscott for the invitation to play, @Fluff for showing me what real golf looks like, and @leric90 for tips, tricks and overall good golf conversation. Really enjoyed getting to know these guis beyond just online posting.

After getting to hang with @LukeBoatright I am stoked to see what treats are in store for Aiken. @Badatgolf is an awesome hang and I am forever humbled by his love of the game. He may love it the most.

@anon29849602 Thank You. You are a gentleman and I think you naturally put people at ease. It was clear that everyone was able to relax and be themselves because of your hospitality and planning. (and all the chairguis)

I would play Sifford twice a week forever and I would burn Monroe to the ground, or at least light on fire whoever set those pins. For Real though both courses were a blast. Great choices.

There is so much more…everyone get a moonlight bag, handicaps are irrelevant, don’t take ANYONE on here too seriously, assume the best in all people, ask more questions than you answer, conservative targets with aggressive swings.

Thank you Thank you to everyone involved. These are always and forever the best possible golf outings.

12 Likes

Some awards from the weekend:

Most Heroic/Most Scooshie: @anon29849602 and wife
Least Scooshie: @leric90 (only hits it 220)
Horniest: @jasona93 & Megan L.
Best Dressed: @jimithng23 (obviously)
Worst Dressed/Most Handsome: @Smidler
Most Northern: @Dempsey100
Most Southern: @Kenneth_Klondike
Best Swing: @alexshreff
Most Jacked and Least Tan: @Swing_hard_and_hope
Biggest Sandbagger (a.k.a. the Q-school award): @therealDJ

15 Likes

Highlight of the weekend may or may not have been @gatorz7888 going shirtless into the hottub at the BnB, donning a visor, chugging on a choice stogey and sipping a beer.

Oozing southern class, my gui.

Glad to have finally met ya and the hang was incredible. Sorry we weren’t able to pass pleasantries when we boogied out of there yesterday morning.

6 Likes

If you had woken me up to say goodbye we would have had to schedule a duel…I was limping back to ATL. Pleasure meeting you for real. Look forward to teaming up at some point.

1 Like

I know @leric90 swing was not where he wanted it that evening. but lets just say he made my slice look gooooood. (and still parred every hole)

3 Likes

Last thing, I want to plug the next few events in the Southeast. See ya’ll soon.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/september-in-sewanee-tennessee-golf-hiking-camping-meetup-september-26th/22841

7 Likes

Ouch :joy:

2 Likes

I put all blame on @gatorz7888 for this. Hold that man accountable!!

In all seriousness DJ hit some amazing shots during our duel and was able to hide the bad shots that make him a 10… [cough cough]…5.

4 Likes

I’ll also throw in this one for the southeast as well.

4 Likes