The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

I HATE that F’ing hole. Especially from the back…that tee shot is just demented. And YOU know the frequent state of my tee game. I’ve had a few rounds that go off the rails after that shot.

Harry Jones formally known as Renaissance. I haven’t played over there in about 6-8 years. Were the greens a mess? Conditioning used to be better until they moved the head super over to Sifford.

If we didn’t have plans to play sifford id have just died under that bridge.

4 Likes

@jimithng23…but I do love that course overall. It speaks to me. Except for those few long walks UPhill treks…

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i would have paid extra for a shuttle from the 18th back to the car

3 Likes

wait, which hole was this?

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Relatedly: I shot my personal best there.

6 Likes

I thought the layout was quite enjoyable.

Conditions? Well, conditions were really really tough out there. Haha!

4 Likes
  1. If playing from the back tees, and maybe even up, its a blind tee shot downhill through a narrow shoot. But I don’t know, maybe its worse in my mind then in real life. Plus, I stink.

ah you must be talking about jones?

Yessir. And yes, @jimithng23, especially after Fort Mill and before Sifford and Monroe. It really can look rough. I have been there over the past year where the conditions weren’t horrendous.

2 Likes

Also BIG shout out to Raj the starter at Sifford. Gave me a great lesson while my competitors were teeing off after witnessing me pull a drive towards 9 tee.

Edit: the lesson didn’t help me when I proceeded to chunk the fuq out of my wedge approach twice in front of the prying eyes of @tigergolftraveler and @FUwolfpacker

10 Likes

hey @tigergolftraveler, are you ashamed of us or just trying to keep out the riff raff?

3 Likes

The video I got is startling. Might be NSFW. The one you hit on 8 was good though!

1 Like

*22hcp Raj ( I think it’s Ray actually?)

1 Like

The greens at Jones were as bad as I’ve ever seen.

On the 14th hole we had a discussion that it was our first post apocalyptic round of golf, I’d say the conditions caused that discussion.

Monroe was fantastic. It’s a bit of a hike to the back 9, but I thought it was a pretty good walk overall. The greens were so good, and the back 9 Wasa good complement to the Ross designed front 9.

2 Likes

I’m sure Ray is a nice guy. I genuinely appreciated his concern. If he’s going to have a future in teaching he’s going to need to get to his point a little quicker.

He was awesome keeping us all together and rolling. The whole scenario had me near tears while it was happening.

3 Likes

Gentlemen, I still can’t get over how awesome and well put together this weekend was. I want to shoutout the chairguis (@anon29849602, @tedscott, @Double_Bogey_Dave, and @RonniepND). Enjoyed getting to know everyone out on the golf course, Moosehead Grill, and Nanerman’s house. If anyone makes it down to the mothership here in Jacksonville, feel free to reach out.

8 Likes

So funny. He used to give my wife lessons all the time. The dude LOVES one handed drills.

1 Like

Hey how about NLU playing Palatka this weekend of all weekends haha.

1 Like