Splash of OJ (Florida Roost)

Is there enough interest for an event in Miami?

Can look into hosting at the Biltmore in Coral Gables if we get some interest.

5 Likes

Absolutely!

I played like shit but I donā€™t hate the course. Itā€™s just horribly managed - both times Iā€™ve played it the rounds were 5.5-6 hours.

1 Like

From what I understand Savannahs is not good. Cocoa Beach CC is a cool old spot. Itā€™s three nine hole sections that they mix up which makes up the 18. Baytree is fine.

Viera East and Duran are choice. Thereā€™s also the Indian River Preserve, which is a little trek from where you are but Iā€™ve only heard good things.

1 Like

Itā€™sā€¦fine. If only it still looked like this:

6 Likes

Florida golf, baby!

2 Likes

You hate to hear it. Itā€™s in poor shape?

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve been out there, but it was pretty scruffy the past few times. And the larger maintenance stuff, like Brazilian pepper trees and other shrubbery, has grown amok. It has some good holes - the green complex on the par-5 11th is sick - but itā€™s not a place Iā€™d send out-of-towners without more info on current conditions. Clubhouse is huge, and thereā€™s tons of new construction around the course, so maybe revenues will pick up and itā€™ll be on an upswing.

1 Like

Ooph those are nightmares to get rid of.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be in Marco Island end of the month. I should have a nice chunk of time one day to play somewhere. We go every year for spring break and Iā€™m generally unimpressed with my public golf options in and around Marco/Naples. I usually end up at Lely, which is perfectly fine, but looking for something/anything I might be missing.

Help me Splash of OJ, youā€™re my only hope.

star wars princess leia youre my only hope this is our most desperate hour GIF

2 Likes

Paging @DrJBone

Whatā€™s your driving radius? Only course I know is Old Corkscrew up in Estero. Good Nicklaus course (one of the few)

1 Like

WOW! Iā€™d never heard of this place before, it looks incredible. $220 fairly steep but if the conditioning is anything like the pictures, seems like it may be a pretty cool spot for a special occasion round for sure.

1 Like

I havenā€™t played in 5 years or so but it was always in great shape when I played, but itā€™s an extremely difficult course. Jack is a bad guy

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say an hour, but I have a problem so I could be talked into longer for the right oppo (not Streamsong).

1 Like

Yeah, Old Corkscrew is probably right on the edge of that hour travel time. Sorry I canā€™t provide any further recommendations, maybe some of the West Coast folks will comment.

1 Like

I am moving to the Jacksonville area in a couple weeks, and I am a new follower of NLU. I am an extremely average golfer (just broke 100 yesterday). I know the Jacksonville area has a lot of courses, but if anyone could point me in a good direction of the best spots, thatā€™d be awesome.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a place to start:

3 Likes

Good morning, saw your DM earlier, been a busy morning for me. Iā€™ll message you with some more information shortly!

1 Like

Okeeheelee is another fun county course with 3 different 9ā€™s. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve probably seen social media posts about it, but The Park is another great one to try out. If youā€™re a West Palm Beach resident you can sign up for the resident card for $25 and itā€™s a massive discount

1 Like

Old Corkscrew and Fort Myers CC are your best option IMO. Little bit of a drive from Marco, but its a terrible public golf scene down there. Used to live in Fort Myers and hated the lack of golf options.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s bad and Old Corkscrew was a just a bit too far. Ended up getting on Hammock Bay, which was perfectly nice, but $$$.