Splash of OJ (Florida Roost)

Thank you for the recommendations! I’ll check out the PGA club options and see if it works for timing. I am likely heading to Disney with the family early fall, so was trying to convince the wife to let me out to play WP9 or some Orlanda options.

1 Like

Hi Florida refugees.

Long shot, but looking for recommendations of places I may be able to get a group of 3 on for golf this Sunday between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach area. The original plan has fallen through, so I figured time to crowdsource :slight_smile:

TYIA!

1 Like

Id play the palm beach par 3 course thats always a lot of fun.

1 Like

Yes - we are playing there on Monday lol

@JShades33

1 Like

North Palm Beach country club is pretty good.

1 Like

Can’t speak to current conditions, but west of Pompano has Palm Aire (Cypress is best), Woodmont, and CC of Coral Springs. In my time in S. FL I always enjoyed Woodmont’s layout.

1 Like

I can definitely get your group on my course at Banyan Creek in Palm City but it’s touch north of West Palm - about 40 mins.

Just let me know and I’ll be happy set it up.

1 Like

Hello Fellow Floridians, new here wanted to see where to go to get more on the Splash of OJ and thinking about joining!

5 Likes

Hello Splash of OJ! I moved to Palm Beach County in July from Baltimore. I try and get out 3 or 4 times a month. I typically play Osprey Point or Park Ridge. Looking forward to getting involved and playing some golf/tourneys around Florida.

If there are any other threads I should join to stay up to date, let me know!

Enjoy Full Swing!

6 Likes

Keep an eye on the Events thread category for Splash of OJ event threads, and see the 2023 events Google Sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cBk_RnVpluX7eFk3OA9T7LnzGJdOHGPMqUD6mIziL7U/edit?usp=sharing

There’s also a Splash of OJ Slack invite floating around this thread somewhere that can help you keep up to date with goings on (and some shenanigans that even the Nest can’t handle :grin:)

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

2 Likes

Idk if this is the right place to put this but fuck it

Great pizza tonight in Florida

2 Likes

Very strong pizzeria! Right down the street is a gas station called Pearl’s Country Store, and they serve some of the best BBQ in the area. Go early because they sell out of a lot of items later in the day.

1 Like

My wife and I frequented Blue Highway in our college days. Great memories there.

2 Likes

Space coast folks - does anyone have any opinion on Baytree National, Cocoa Beach CC, or The Savannahs GC? Looking to add another round on my trip down next week

1 Like

The horror

4 Likes

I’d go play Duran.

2 Likes

don’t listen to these heathens, Baytree is awesome (not really, I just played the best 9 holes of my life during our event there)

6 Likes

Thanks all! I’ve played Duran and Baytree previously - saw the event you guys had there and thought it may be in decent shape. Threw Cocoa and Savanah in there since I’ve never played either of those two