Splash of OJ (Florida Roost)

Morning all. There is a yearly charity fourball auction for veterans over here in the UK and, for reasons unknown, two of the courses listed are The Plantation (Fort Myers) and Hernando Oaks (Brooksville). No idea what either is like, but I could probably pick each up for $80 before the auction closes today. Would anyone like me to do so? The voucher will be valid for a year.

I would take the plantation voucher off of your hands for that

1 Like

Hey y’all in Jacksonville next weekend Friday through Sunday for a wedding Saturday. Anybody interested in a mid day round Friday or Sunday in the area? Looking to put a peg in the ground one of those days. Recs on golf courses in the area accepted as well.

2 Likes

Where in Jacksonville will you be?

1 Like

I am going to be in the Brooklyn area staying at the Marriott residence inn. The wedding is at timaquanna and the hotel is closish.

The golf on that side of town, which happens to be my side of town, are pretty limited.

Obviously if you could get onto Timuquana that would be the best option.

Within reasonable driving distance are Fleming Island, Eagle Harbour, and Eagle Landing. Do not waste your money on Hyde Park, it’s still a dump.

1 Like

Good afternoon @ASplashOfOJ you’ll soon see a new thread pop up announcing our first event of the 2023-24 Season.

Please see some changes in point structure and and some local rules that we’ll be instituting at our events next year. As always anyone is welcome to plan an event, I just ask that once you get something booked with a course you get all the information to me so I can get it out there in an organized format. Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Afternoon all,

Just moved into the central florida (Lakeland) area. Looks for recommendations on good courses in the area.

2 Likes

@papajohn56 and I would be your locals to Lakeland. Eaglebrooke is the best and most consistent semi-public course. Huntington Hills or Big Cypress or the north side can also be decent spots to play. Cleveland heights is the 27-hole Muni, but can be a bit of a tough scene in the summer because it doesn’t drain very well. @Big_RanDeer can get you connected with our roost if interested.

Thanks for the recommendations @Asimpson3. I’ll reach out about the roost.

Anyone down for a streamsong red round on 6/15 at 8:30? QueenCityHive roost member hanging on lido key for the week trying to wedge some golf in

1 Like

@ASplashOfOJ as we look to migrate over to Unknown Golf for event scoring for the new season please sign up at Unknown Golf - Sign Up after Sign up please request to join the Splash of OJ Community.

Also get those hat orders in ASAP!!!

1 Like

Are these hats still available?

They are not, my apologies.

Seems like a good excuse for a streamsong trip

3 Likes

Do they bury you on site after you collapse or just feed you to an alligator?

5 Likes

Burial plots are an add on

3 Likes

IMG_3329

1 Like

Where do you think they get the bones for the Bone Valley Tavern?

3 Likes

Well done, sir. I always that it was called bone valley in honor of Mr. Palmer.

4 Likes