Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

I will say we drove down to Frederick, Maryland last year in early March before we could get out here. Had 70+ weather and the drive was not bad at all. They have some awesome courses down there.

Whatā€™s the t squared putters one?

Delaware park is looking awfully open to hitting some balls. Might be a bit damp but if someone is brave enough/desperate enough :thinking:

Teesā€™nā€™Taps

Lol I feel this way every time I drive by Audobon and see the cups in and no snowā€¦

Ok and the thereā€™s one in Niagara Falls right?

Oh right! I always forget about that one haha in the old rainbow mall

Sadly my job doesnā€™t allow me to leave the state much in the winter, which really hurts as my best friend lives 5 minutes outside of Pinehurstā€¦ so I just bite the bullet and pay for a sim, which to be honest, if you go with a group its the same price as a normal 18 hole round at the average course.

2 Likes

WNY/CNY Official Matchplay Signup .

Not much life in this thread at the moment, but Iā€™ve decided to try something new this season. Last year I had big plans to play as much variety as I can, the Rochester Area has an incredible amount of good golf to offer. I ended up getting very lazy and playing the same 2 or 3 courses out of ease and comfort. I made a quick google doc up with a list of where Iā€™d like to get to this summer. Some are as easy as making a tee time and getting there, others are going to require a miracle. So if there is any generous benefactors in here that have empty space on an olive branch, let me know. Add anything you think deserves a spot on this list, Iā€™ve got 40-50 rounds to fill this summer.

3 Likes

Love the idea. FWIW oak hill isnā€™t as laughable as you might think IMO - Although this year might be more of a stretch because of the PGA drastically limiting availability. Iā€™ve had the opportunity to play the west once and the east 3-4 times. If youā€™re willing to network and grovel enough around town Iā€™m sure you can get yourself out there.

Other courses Iā€™d recommend checking out: Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club - Cool and Quirky semi-private course overlooking Sodus bay. Wayne Hills CC - another fun quirky course.

2 Likes

I actually had a few connections to Oak that just never turned into anythingā€¦. I agree this year is for sure a long shot, walking around at the PGA might be my only chance to see it lol. Iā€™ll add Wayne and Sodus to the list, heard a lot of good about Wayne Hills.

Wednesday looking like a solid winter golf day, whats the best spot in buffalo in winter, i know all the rochester spots from craigie brae down to farview, saw terry hills is allowing walking this weekā€¦

1 Like

Heard farview is allowing carts.

1 Like

Glen Oak will be open

2 Likes

They are, and will be open for good March 1st provided there is no snow on the ground

1 Like

FYI, Paddock Dome reopening for golf on Saturday.

4 Likes

WNY/CNY folks, Iā€™m the captain of your downstate brethren in the tri-state area and wanted to let you know we are finalizing plans for an event at Turning Stone this summer. Below are the details and would love if we can get 4-8 guys from upstate to join us and have a little competition (Iā€™ve also been speaking with our neighbors north of the wall).

Feel free to discuss among yourselves and if there are some that have interest please DM me and Iā€™ll get you in touch with our man planning it.

When: 8/25-8/27
Where: Turning Stone Resort
How much: $750 for 2 nights of accommodations and 4 rounds of golf (18 Friday PM, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday AM.

Would love to finally get the entirety of NY together for an event! Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

7 Likes

Birthday weekend, so wont be able to stay up the whole time, but its only about a 45 minute drive for me, might try and sneak in for a round if thereā€™s room