Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

Hey folks this could be a long shot but there’s no better place than the refuge. My wife has a friend that lives in Buffalo and her elderly grandmother is without power and needs some help if possible. She’s in the Cheektowaga area. Feel free to dm me for more specifics.

Depends on where’s she’s at but put it here. Happy to help if possible. There’s a county-wide drive ban, FYI

Update: Cheektowaga is a bit far from me, I’m sorry to say. Hope everything is ok

1 Like

Thanks anyways!

I know exactly 2 people in NY. I texted them both and they’re both 8+ hours from there. Who knew NY was so vast?

2 Likes

Thank you! I know what you mean. Apparently everyone lives on the other side of the state.

1 Like

One of my fraternity brothers lives north of Buffalo, cross referenced his address and seems like he’s a half hour drive away on a normal day. Let me know if you want me to reach out and ask if he knows anyone that side of town.

1 Like

That would be awesome if neither of you mind. Near George Urban and Dick Rd is what I have been told.

Shot my guy Spencer a text, will let you know if I hear anything back.

1 Like

@GeneralQuinn hit me with an address. No promises.

1 Like

My in-laws are in Kenmore but they can’t get out of their house at the moment.

I live like 15 mins from there but we can barely get out of our house, no chance our cars can get anywhere… and there’s that whole drive ban.

Just logged back in from a few days being offline…still in need of help?

We got cleared out yesterday and can’t speak for Cheektowaga but Amherst is pretty clear. Good/Bad news is this is all starting to melt already but then is going to cause floods come Friday or Saturday.

All is good. She got her power back on and made it through. Thank you!

3 Likes

Great to hear

For those in Monroe County, make sure you don’t sleep on Avid Indoor Golf, next door to Ridgemont, got in a early round at Payne’s this morning, it really helps ease the pain of no golf winters. Few beers, and a new found draw from no where, perfect way to start a long weekend.

3 Likes

Great place! Been going there for years, and I play in the “anytime” winter league which allows more freedom to schedule our weekly round. Week 1 kicks off tomorrow and it’ll be great to finally swing again

1 Like

Winter Golf:
Since both domes around here collapsed during the blizzard and the indoor places are outrageously expensive, where do you guys go to play golf during the winter? I don’t mind playing in the cold, but how far do you guys drive? Nova? Ohio? Just looking for a place to head on a weekend.

You pay for a sim. How is driving to Ohio cheaper?

1 Like

Gotta live that Sim life. There are hopes that one of the domes will be back up soon, the other, not until March, at the earliest.

There are a few sim places now popping up around here in Buffalo so gotta go there

Paddock, Golf Dojo, BGS Downtown, BGS OP, Tees’n’Taps, Clubhouse (or whatever it’s called) at Seneca One, Glen Oak. Any other sims I’m missing?