Roll Call: Virginia

christmas morning on the mountain, 3" was a fun hunt

a week later its supposed to be 65, if only the rain can hold off enough to walk 9 or something sheesh

Wife ended up getting this for me for Christmas. If any of you get on board, let me know, and we can peg 'em sometime.

Thanks @mintbucket for reminding me to update here.

3 Likes

I bought the card today. Gives decent discounts to Pleasent Valley and South Riding up in NOVA area as well. I played PV six times last year so it will come in handy.

2 Likes

Nice. I’m working numbers hard on joining a club in the area or to do something like this with some of the courses within a hr.

Played in the VSGA tournament there earlier this year, it was so much fun and in incredible condition. Took the “members route” on 9 and missed in 1 fairway, left a great route back to the green.

Looks like I’m a few years late for the roll call but joining in from Richmond. In the process of joining Lakeside Park Club, but always looking to play anywhere close by and join in with anyone looking for a fourth!

Welcome @rva_fightingscot48.

Further up in this thread you will find a link to an RVA centric WhatsApp thread. Reposted here for convenience.

There is also a Richmond specific thread, but it is not as active as this one.

1 Like

Yo man can I ask where your fighting scot name came from?

College of Wooster golf alum, played on the team there for 4 years

1 Like

Wow, did not know there were two schools with the fighting scots.

wait…there is another? Which school did you go to?

Monmouth College in tiny Monmouth IL

little d3 school

1 Like

D3 schools! the best way to go :metal:

2 Likes
1 Like

We were just discussing this yesterday in the NC WhatsApp thread. I hope they put a little love into Westlake. It’s a fun course, but needs some TLC. Waterfront CC needs an overhaul to bring the facilities up to date. It feels like a time capsule of 1985 in that clubhouse.

The interesting part will be how membership with work. McConnell courses offer reciprocity (to some degree). Are the folks at Water’s Edge going to let Westlake folks in the front door?

1 Like

Biggest issue is that there is not enough money/play around the area to support that many courses year round imo. Once you get off the water front, it gets poor really really fast. Its an hour drive there from Roanoke for me.

1 Like

Actually know of another ‘fighting scots’ D3 school. Maryville College in East TN. Have a few buddies that played football there and I went to H-SC in VA. D3 power!

1 Like

I knew a dude who played golf at Hampton Sydney. He made fun of me for having a kilt.

1 Like

No kilt shaming here from this alum

^nominate for post of the year

1 Like