Roll Call: Virginia

Did the GM say it was 3 rounds at each course or could you use it in any combination?

Im in DC put could easily make 6 trips down there in 2021.

I’m almost positive it’s 3 and 3.

In the summer, Vineterra / RNK is a great 36 hole day.

1 Like

Playing them for 36 in day I can get behind that.

I will purchase a card.

Hey all - my first time posting here in the Virginia Roll call. I’ve lived in Oakton/Vienna for 7 years. I don’t belong to a club and play a lot of solo golf (get paired with 2-3 random people) when my 15 year old son doesn’t want to go out with me.

I have a noon tee time for 2 tomorrow at Penderbrook in Fairfax. My son can’t join me, so there is an open spot if someone would like to play!

I am absolutely looking for some people to play with more regularly and would welcome the company.

A little background about me…43 years old. 12 handicap. Avid distance runner (high school, college, post college, marathons, etc). St Andrews, Scotland is my favorite place in the world. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit there 4 times in the last 6 years and will be going back as soon as travel restrictions and normalcy allow.

I would also be open to traveling a few hours within the DMV area if there are open spots to join others for a round.

Cheers,
Scott

3 Likes

Welcome, Scott. There are a few DC metro / NoVa folks in here.

There is a RACDG Mid Atlantic chapter as well. You can sign up for that in this thread The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

If you ever want to play in the Richmond area, reach out.

3 Likes

There’s also an active WhatsApp chat. The link is a bit higher in this thread. Welcome!

2 Likes
  1. what a nice ass weekend. First round in over 70 days due to new baby and hunting season Win. 87 with 4 ball OB but hella nice walk.

pulled 80% at our clubs big sale friday night, womp womp on not buying more before the pull like a dufus doe

1 Like

shorts & short sleeves at the lovely Bayville Golf Club in Virginia Beach yesterday

1 Like

Likely the last shorts day of the year. Course was still ridiculously green for mid December. It will probably get cold just in time for my new-old MP-33s to get here. Can’t wait to catch one thin when it’s 35 out there.

3 Likes

Ashley Plantation? I play there, I must have just missed those deals.

1 Like

Yes! I’m a member out there so if you ever want to play let me know, always looking to get out more!

Usually 2 fridays before Christmas, Wes has big sale where you grab an ornament out of a bag for your discount. Usually I pull 15% off, this year was nice.

Nice! Yeah, I became a member out there this past summer. We should definitely play sometime.

1 Like

any time its over about 45 degrees Im down

Many thanks to @needforspieth @Smidler @Andrewo for a great round out at The Federal Club. The hybrid transfusion cocktail will be in heavy rotation this holiday season.

2 Likes

Enjoyed it as always. What’s this hybrid transfusion you speak of? Asking for research purposes of course.

2 Likes

Can you explain the “hybrid” portion of said cocktail?

Following for a “friend”

Instead of Titos, he had them make it with Honey Habanero Moonshine.

Twas *chef’s kiss *

5 Likes

Do the same with a Moscow Mule. Soo good.

Yeah, we call that the Dirty Donkey,.

2 Likes