Roll Call: Virginia

Haven’t visited in a while and trying to catch up on the Roost news. Did a DC/VA Roost not pan out? First Flight the Roost of choice?

We have a dc/baltimore roost, but depending on where you are in VA the first flight might make more sense. Several other VA people have gone that direction

1 Like

Also, depending on your priorities, First Flight has a great logo, ridiculous merch, and now an exclusive deal with Turtleson.

3 Likes

Shoutout to Gary Van Sickle for stopping by the neighborhood.

if you live more than about 2 hours south of DC the NC roost is going to be your best bet imo

Virginians not afraid to trek north—check out the thread for our first regional Roost Qualifier, the Loop at Langston!

4 Likes

Wild long shot here but if anyone is interested in Draper Valley friday at 2:15 off 81 near 77, let me know I have 2 spots open now.

Gonna be in the area this weekend and playing Keswick early Saturday if there’s anyone in the greater charlottesville area around then…

Dammmm that’s a good offer

Going up to Roanoke from Atlanta to play Ballyhack end of July. Wanting to add another course. Thinking Primland or Olde Farm.

Obviously Olde Farm is private but I think we could make it happen.
Anyone feel strongly one way or the other?

Any other suggestions welcome. Yes I know about Dye River course.

1 Like

Old Trail and more up towards Charlottesville. But Primland is probably best if you are not trying to stray to far from Roanoke.

if you have the ability to play Olde Farm, i would take advantage of it…its also 2.5 hours away, just a heads up

1 Like

Olde Farm and it’s not close!!!

1 Like

Forecaddies will be required at The Olde Farm, but they are worth it. OF also has a par 3 short course, from 50-120 yards, and it was designed by Bobby Weed, the designer of the main course. Most people don’t play the short course (called the Orchard) but it’s well worth it.

1 Like

Gotcha thanks guys. Leaning towards Primland or just seeing if they’ll cut us a replay deal at Ballyhack one day.

Driving or flying up? There are few good ones on the way back to Richmond if you are flying out of there

I’ve heard, and I may be wrong, that when you play Ballyhack, you can play all day. It’s a daily rate, not an 18-hole rate. Certainly could be wrong on that.

If you wanna play somewhere else in Roanoke area holler at me I maybe able to do something at Roanoke country club depending how many you have.

If it’s July 23 you would just play in my nlu event at the River course too

For registered guests staying on site, yes. For guests of members, no.

1 Like

Hey man just curious how you are getting on Ballyhack? I am spending a week in Smith Mountain LAke week of July 4th and have been dying to try that course for years, never had any luck getting on but can’t say I have tried since covid.

We usually make the long hike to the River Course, but a good course closer to the lake would be ideal.