The Loop at Langston - May 14 - Cap GC Roost Qualifier

Greetings, everyone!

On May 14th, the Capital Golf Club will be holding one of our three DMV Nest Championship Qualifiers—the 2022 Loop at Langston—at Langston Golf Course in DC. Langston, operated by the National Links Trust, is on the National Register of Historic Places and is widely regarded as the most integral single course for the development of African-American golf. The course was once managed by Lee Elder, and nearly every prominent Black figure in American golf has teed it up at the course. Langston is also central to the National Links Trust’s plans to revitalize municipal golf in the District of Columbia, and will undergo significant changes over the next few years. It’s a special venue, and it’s only going to get better.

If the date doesn’t ’t work for you, fret not! We have two more events coming up where you can qualify for the Club Championship—one in the Richmond area on June 18th, and another inthe Baltimore area—and even more events around the DMV later this year!

In the meantime, you can register for this event by filling out your information on the Google Sheet below. It’s a 2-person team format, but if you don’t have a partner then we’ll get you sorted!

If you have any questions, let me know!

9 Likes

Important note: you don’t need an official handicap/GHIN to pre-register. Just fill out the information you have!

1 Like

Also, two more things.

1. You do not have to be a Nest member to play in this tournament.

2. It goes without saying, but if you’re interested in joining the @NationalLinksTRoost /Capital Golf Club prior to the event, please let me know!

1 Like

Is there a WhatsApp chat I can join to talk to the same people I talk to on here but in a more intrusive personal format?

1 Like
2 Likes

Of course, I’ll add you to the Discord too!

1 Like

If I could join the Capital Golf Club, would be happy to! Just getting into it more here!

1 Like

Added! Take a look around the welcome thread and let me know if you have any questions

Can you add me to the Capital Golf Club as well? Appreciate it!

1 Like

Added! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

I’d love to be added in to Capital Roost as well! Hope to make at least one of the events!

1 Like

Added!

May 14th it is! 8 AM shotgun start (they’ll only let us do 8am rather than 9am for Saturday). I just signed the contracts and paid the deposit—we have until a week prior to the event to finalize numbers. Register here and let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Two Weeks Out Update

It’s almost time for the first championship event on the Capital Golf Club calendar!

The format is going to be a Two-Person Scramble, playing Stableford with handicaps based on a bit of fancy math (weighting the “better” player’s handicap more, but both players handicaps are counted)—you’ll have all the info on your scorecards.

If you know who you want to partner up with—head back to the registration form and drop their name in the new column. If you don’t know anyone/don’t know who to partner with—no worries! We’ll get you sorted.

1st and 2nd Place Teams will Qualify for our Team Championship—along with a wildcard spot or two that will be revealed on the day!

Charity Update

I’m waiting to get final word back from Langston on the precise arrangement, but we will be raising money to donate to the Links Trust to assist in the preservation efforts led by the Langston Golf Course Conservancy. This group focuses on financial support, historic preservation efforts, supporting youth and neighborhood recreational activities, and fostering economic development opportunities in around the Langston Golf Course community. NLT works with them to execute fundraising, partnerships with Howard University and a new Black Golf Museum/Hall of Fame.

In addition to the funds raised from registration fees, there will also be several competitions (Closest to the Pin, Long Drive, etc.) on the day that you can participate in exchange for donations.

What We Need From You

Email will be going out this weekend with payment details, and we need final numbers + full payment by this time next week. If you have any questions, post them here, DM me, or simply respond to the email.

Have a great weekend, and I’m looking forward to seeing you in two weeks at Langston!

2 Likes

Oh! And if you haven’t signed up yet, you still can this week! We won’t be sending final numbers until Friday.

Maybe I missing it but O can’t seem to find the price so I can Send the money

$80 for the registration, Venmo and PayPal info in the email. There will also be additional buy-in games on the day (long drive, closest to pin) to benefit the Conservancy.

Quick Reminder

Going to send an email out since we’ve got a couple additions, but please remember to send me your registration payments by tomorrow so I can pay Langston. We have to pay NLT in full 7 days out to lock our numbers in.

Also, if you’re interested in signing up, we still have some spots. DM me for details!

1 Like

@TheGolfAddict @TheRedMenace @sjdowne @DevonCoates @Andeti02 @ChrisFromWork @Comebacker27 @ColdBrewDrew

Let me know if you guys are still interested in playing next weekend—if you need payment details, send me a DM!

I have to withdraw unfortunately. After June 1 i should be able to participate in the Roost and such more

1 Like