Roll Call: Virginia

I think all of the Roll Call threads are outside the paywall. Could be wrong though.

1 Like

Roll call should be outside paywall.
No worries. People will cross post in that one, the VA RC and the Maryland RC so someone will see it. Just a heads up East Potomac is a work in progress. You will notice a few changes like a couple elevated tee boxes, new carts, and a lot of brush clearing. Course stays pretty busy and some guys who played this weekend had very long rounds with early AM starts so be ready to wait some. Have fun. I would join you but I’ll be out of town.

1 Like

It looks like the DC roll call isn’t in the Community Center category, so I think it is actually behind the paywall. It’s in the Island of Misfit Toys section.

2 Likes

Good find!
@Double_Bogey_Dave can we have this Roll call group moved to the Community thread please?

Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

2 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave might be traveling today so might be worth it to tag @PGA_ALLTHEWAY as well

3 Likes

Thank you. Needed par on #18 to break 80 and topped my drive, hit a decent rescue shot then flew the green with my third shot. Got on and two putted for the DB. Things are coming around.

ICARITOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Moved it to the Community Center

3 Likes

Dang it @Double_Bogey_Dave you beat me to it!

3 Likes

Yes. Went out Sunday am to find punched greens. Had no clue it was coming

1 Like

my club set an email about 5-6 days before (we are closed today and 1/2 day tom) so at least we got some heads up, but surely they know weeks ahead of time to give us information.

If I had just showed up to a tee time like that at a public course I’ve have probably lost it and left. IDK why they have to keep it such a secret.

1 Like

Lol definitely caught us by surprise

1 Like

I played a course once and the guy on the phone didn’t tell us, the pro shop guy didn’t tell us, and even the starter didn’t mention it. We found out on the first green that they were punched. Didn’t stop by the practice green beforehand to notice.

1 Like

Has anyone played Stonehouse recently or know how it is these days? Looking through past posts and what I can find, it seems to be hit or miss based on ownership at the time.

I’ll be in Williamsburg and planning to play RNK Saturday morning, but feel like Stonehouse is one to see just for the Strantz list. The wide open tee sheets at $89 don’t give me a lot of confidence about its current conditions.

Haven’t been lately myself, but played yesterday with two guys who played it the day before and said it was fine.

1 Like

@mintbucket and I played it earlier this year. The greens (bermuda) were beginning to come in and everything else was pretty darn good.

1 Like

I guess I made quite the impression.

2 Likes

Speaking of @mintbucket, we are playing at Stonewall on Saturday, 9/18, at 8:40 am, and we have two open spots if anyone would like to join us.

1 Like

a little too early for me but stonewall is on my hitlist hard right now

1 Like

Haha. Dude so sorry for the oversight. When I fired off the reply I couldn’t remember your handle!

@1NoVaPar likes to smash the ball like it stole his lunch!! He’s a beauty!

How’s that? :grinning:

2 Likes