Roll Call: Virginia

I went this morning got there at 9:00 and the line was wrapped around back to the front door. Got in pretty quick. Went to checkout and that line was even worse. Will go back later this week. Didn’t really need anything there, mostly just wants to check it out.

1 Like

My buddy went and the line looked long af

I went around 11:30 today. Line was about a 5 minute wait somehow. I ended up getting a club and my wife finally decided she wanted her first set!

1 Like

Went at about 6pm with the family, no line. Was really impressed by the sheer volume of stuff they had.

1 Like

I took lessons at a PGA Superstore when I lived in Atlanta, and one of things I liked was an affordable practice plan. I was able to schedule times to go hit balls on the simulator whenever I wanted. I didn’t use it a ton because it was a bit of a drive for me and I lived pretty close to a grass range, but I remember it being a cheap add-on to the lesson plan ($50 or something close to that). If they still do something similar it seems like it would be useful in the winter here, if I have to hit off mats all the time anyway.

1 Like

Has anyone played Westfields or Laurel Hill recently? Looking for which is in better condition as I’ve had some disappointing rounds lately.

I need to try and figure out where I’m playing for my birthday round this weekend…

2 Likes

Played Laurel Hill last month and it was in great shape, but can’t speak to the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Laurel Hill was in great shape a couple of weeks ago. I do not know their aeration schedule, though. 'Tis the season of punched greens.

2 Likes

W&L. Played on the golf team (decided to go pro in something other than golf) and graduated in 2018 so unfortunately didn’t have the opportunity to see Randy at point guard facilitating the Generals’ offense. Would have been a thrill to see the Big Guy deep in his process!

2 Likes

I got a 3:20 saturday at London Downs near Lynchburg with 2 spots available if anyone is interested

@hothandluke Nice! Class of ‘16 so we might have crossed paths. If you’re in the nest with full access to the refuge archives, go look up the doxxing thread. It turned into a bit of a Trav ride thru the ages.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Just putting this out there as a reminder, @Shankapotomous and I are hosting a tournament out at our home course of Stoneleigh Golf & Country Club on 11/14 in Round Hill. We’d love to have ya’ll out!

Match Play Atop The Hill

1 Like

I currently have the punched greens blues boys

2 Likes

Didn’t see a DC or NOVA Roll Call thread, so figured I would post in here. Playing Saturday morning at East Potomac with 2 others, so we have room for 1 more at 830. I set up the reservation to walk. In interest of transparency, other two are hacks and semi new to the game, but we’re capping scores and keeping up. Just wanted to get up to DC from SC and see the new East Potomac and hopefully score some merch.

2 Likes

Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

1 Like

Moved it there for ya!

1 Like

Well I certainly didn’t say I looked really hard

3 Likes

are both of those threads able to be seen without the paywall?

I thought about coming up to DC on friday night for a stay over and golf but we have a soccer game at 10 now I was unaware of

nice round the other day too bro