Roll Call: Tampa Golfers

If anybody is looking to get a round in before the playoffs start on Saturday, I booked 11:52 at Mangrove Bay in St. Pete.

2 Likes

Put we down as a tentative. Just need to get approval from the boss.

1 Like

Cabot buying world woods. I’m very excited to see what happens here

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll play on Saturday.

2 Likes

any more spots? if so, count me in

3 Likes

Last spot is yours!

I plan on using push cart but you guys can ride if you want. My cell is (715) 330-1123 if you need anything, see you guys Saturday.

1 Like

What a foursome! Looking forward to it @DombrowBryan @fastball811 @kblewis14!

The mafia will be out there!

2 Likes

Another event is on the books

2 Likes

Planning a trip down to watch the SEC tournament in March, any suggestions on favorite courses in the area? Doesn’t have to be super close to downtown willing to drive about anywhere.

Streamsong is about an hour away from Tampa and will be about the best golf you can play without knowing a member or having to stay on site. It is $$$$ but very worth it.

Plenty of good alternatives across TB and the bay area mentioned above.

1 Like

Trip report?

Tampa area Refugees! If you haven’t joined our Roost yet, get on it!

We have our first event next week and the deadline to signup is today, see all of our events here on this google doc.

Signup for the Roost here if you haven’t already!

Tampa Refugees, headed your way at the end of next month. Hoping to snag a Saturday spot at Streamsong in the 14 day out booking window, any idea of chances for success? There will be 3 of us. Also going to play World Woods on a Sunday, thoughts/comments on which course to play there? One serious/‘good’ golfer, two guys that are just looking to have a good experience.

I am getting an order together for Splash of OJ tees. Leaving the sheet up through 2/11. They’re $15 per 100, Venmo info in the sheet.

1 Like

I visited the Clearwater area last weekend and played Dunedin Golf Club. Just wanted to say that it was actually pretty enjoyable minus a few burn out spots on the green. The layout is terrific and the renovation that’s coming should make that course pretty fire. The course wasn’t recommended by anyone so I wanted to throw it out there as a decent option.

3 Likes

I love Dunedin but the conditions have been a bit rough lately.

1 Like

Yeah it was far from ideal, but the greens rolled pretty true and the course architecture made up for a lot of the conditioning. #8 is just awesome and very Pinehurst.

My brother just joined out there a few weeks ago when we found out about the renovations. They are going to cap the membership at 300 so he wanted to get in before that. The reno does look awesome and sounds like they are all in on doing it.

They want to try and host a senior tour event there after the renovations.

3 Likes

My grandparents were member at Dunedin when I was growing up. Still one of my favorite courses to visit when I’m in the area every year.

What are the specifics of the renovations? Always loved the layout but agree that it has seemed to go down a bit on the conditioning level in the past 5-10 years.