Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

That hole is the biggest middle finger. Short right? Water. Left? You’re hitting from pine straw over a bunker to a crazy slope. Long? You’re chipping up a steep slope onto green that’s running away from you fast.

There just isn’t a safe miss and it is a long par 3.

1 Like

Whats going on everyone. New here, just moved to Columbia. Heading down to Aiken in a few weeks. Any suggestions? Played aiken golf club and forrest hills already. Loved aiken so thinking about playing there again in the morning, but would love to get an afternoon round in as well.

2 Likes

Welcome! I think Aiken and Forest Hills are your two best bets.

Mt Vintage has been in good shape lately. The River Club also has some good holes.

2 Likes

River club is very underrated.

Anyone been out to pine ridge in edgefield lately?

Had some friends play Santee at 2:00 today and they said they almost died.

Playing BerkeleyCC tomorrow right before lunch. Drank a ton of water earlier but cooking for the wife and into the wine now. I’m expecting the worst tomorrow.

I packed a car and unpacked 3 cars arriving at
The beach today.

3 Likes

Is there any courses in Augusta that would be good to check out?

The only public in Augusta I have played is Forest Hills

Bartram Trail is good if you want to go out to Columbia County. Should play the Patch once, just because.

1 Like

I’m pretty familiar with the golf scene around Aiken-Augusta.

I think Mount Vintage is the best public deal going in the Aiken-Augusta-North Augusta area right now. Based on what you pay and what you get - it’s tough to beat. The course stays in great shape and the twilight rate (Rates - Mount Vintage Golf Club) is the same as Aiken GC right now. I would play MV over AGC and Forest Hills every day of the week.

For what it’s worth, here are my public rankings:

1. Mount Vintage (Independent/ Vintage are the best combo IMO)
  2. River Club
  3. Aiken GC
  4. Forest Hills
  5. Houndslake
  6. TopGolf
  7. Midland Valley

Shoot me a message if I can help you with any details! I am happy to help.
You will enjoy wherever you play. I think we are fortunate to have one of the best public golf layouts in SC.

2 Likes

Hey everyone - random question but if anyone is going to be at Legends in Myrtle Beach anytime soon, I would love to get a magnetic ball marker from each course. I blew it and didn’t get them and they’re not for sale on the website. A pencil from one of the courses would be great too. I am a bit of a collector, obviously. Of course I’d pay for all of it plus shipping and would happily return the favor if possible. I’m in the Bay Area. Hit up my DMs if you can make this work.

Any military guys on here that want to play Ft Jackson this weekend?

i’ll be there in december, if no one responds by then i’ll be glad to snag em

1 Like

I have a tee time at 12:44 at The Links at Stoney Point in Greenwood on Friday if anyone’d like to join

1 Like

A little bit of a drive but there’s three of us finishing up our CLC group play at Furman at 1:20 if you’d want to join that.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’ll likely be moving to the Charleston area in 2-3 months and was wondering what are the top 3-5 public courses that the locals consider to be the best / most enjoyable. I am familiar with the areas and have played the following courses, but i’m wondering if there are others that are not on my radar. Played: Kiawah courses (all 5 accessible ones), wild dunes, links at stono ferry, dunes west, patriots point, charleston national, and the muni. How are the seabrook island courses? What others? Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you want to come play golf in Pinehurst in October? Of course you do. We have open spaces for Vibestock on October 2nd. Add your name to the signup sheet in the post below. If there are no spaces left, the alternate list is moving quickly so there’s a good chance you’ll get in.

You can also win a FREE entry through our raffle. Details here:

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Hello to all the SC golf sickos out there. MN refugee here looking for a little advice on where to play during a trip this fall. Will be heading to Hilton Head with the fam in early October and staying on the island for 4 days, hoping to play a round or two on at least 3 of those days. Any advice would be extremely welcome!! We are willing to head off the island, but would like stay probably within 45 minutes, and ideally $150~ per round seems legit (however I do love a great strapped course, so if you know one in the area please throw it my way). I’d love to return the favor and sherpa anyone around if you’re ever up in the Twin Cities neck of the woods!

RTJ course in Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National in Bluffton are good.

Harbour Town is obviously the bucket-list course but will cost you more than $150 in October. The other Sea Pines courses should be closer to your budget.

Westin Savannah Harbor isn’t a bad drive and is great.

Most of the best golf in the area is behind gates, sadly.

If you know anyone at Long Cove, Colleton River, Chechessee Creek or Secession, jump on that.

1 Like