Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Echo what @Stephen said. I enjoyed Heron Point even with aerated greens in June. Old South wasn’t my favorite but seems to be well liked enough (not sure of price in October, but likely lower than $150).

2 Likes

My girlfriend is out of town and gets back Saturday afternoon. I’m wondering if anyone in the Columbia/Lex area has room for one more in the morning, would love to get out there!

I’m looking for a group to play Aiken Golf Club later in the afternoon 8/15. Will be in town for work and I can’t pass up the opportunity!

As an addendum, Doug Weaver at Palmetto Dunes is awesome if you want to schedule a lesson while you’re there.

1 Like

I have a 10:30 tee time at Orangeburg tommorow if anyone wants to join.

Little late, but what did you think of stoney point? I lived in Greenwood for a little over a year and that was my main course.

1 Like

I love it - it’s my home course. The course could be improved by removing exactly 8 trees, but that’s another story.

They’re hosting an AJGA event this week. It was in great shape!

1 Like

Curious - what trees are you thinking of? Also a big fan of the course. The young professional membership is a steal.

2 Likes

There’s one tree to the left of the 11 tee box that blocks you out from hitting the left side of the fairway. There’s four trees on the left side of the 12 tee box that do the same, and then two more on 16, where the fairway has that hard left-right slope. I’d love to take out the tree on the left side of the number 2 tee box too.

3 Likes

Need some urgent help: me and some homies were supposed to go to the RTJ golf trail monday-Wednesday this week- alas, there’s a tropical storm. Where could we go on the east coast - within 6 hours of greenville - and play a couple rounds on Tuesday Wednesday.

Looking for suggestions

Budget?

1 Like

Excellent question. Trying to keep it to about tree fiddy ($350) a piece.

I think you can get around that at Mid Pines/Pine Needles/Southern Pines

2 Likes

i think that’s what we might try. midpines/talamore or mid pines/longleaf

Myrtle is always an option.

Have you been to hilton head lately? myrtle is always an option too. no shortage of lodging options

1 Like

Mid Pines and Long leaf. You cannot go wrong with this option.

1 Like

Yes went to HHi recently. But that wouldn’t really fit your budget.

1 Like

@dmmcgaha
Daniel, I just got back from a trip to Barefoot Resort in Myrtle. 4 different courses and you could definitely make that budget work. All the courses were in great shape but the Love and Dye are tons of fun. Good luck!

1 Like

Those trees down the left side of 11 bug me so much. Then why anyone would ever put a tree in front of a fairway bunker is beyond me. They take the risk/reward out of the hole and although I have been in it my fair share of times I don’t think they allow the bunker to be fully utilized as a risk. Take those out and now you can be tempted to cut off the dog leg. Short off the tee you are blocked out or in the bunker and long you are blocked out by the trees or out of bounds. I still always have a blast playing that course though. I attached a photo of 11 for those who may not be familiar with it.

3 Likes