Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

Absolutely!

Hey Guis! I’ll be traveling to Hilton Head area in July. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Looking to play Harbor town and maybe two more places. Also would any body like to meet up and play some?

Some great value options for the publics that you can usually snag a deal - Golden Bear, Dolphin Head, Hilton Head National, CC of Hilton Head.

Obviously if you can get on one of the privates you won’t be disappointed lol. Too many to name.

Let me know when you are heading down this way. I live over in Bluffton and always down to play.

2 Likes

Checking in here from Charleston. Live in West Ashley (Carolina Bay), typically play/practice out at Stono Ferry. NC State grad, Duke fan. Definitely up for getting together to play around Charleston, or even day trips around the area. Typically around a 7 or 8, but play very infrequently due to work/family. Happy to be here.

5 Likes

used to play Stono a good bit. Welcome!

1 Like

I see Aiken Golf Club meet up 10/3/20 next to your name, is that open to whoever?

It is. There is currently a wait list but put your name on it.

So my father in law needs a 4th to play Palmetto on Saturday morning at 10AM. The problem is that I’m in Atlanta and would essentially spend 5 hours in the car to play this one round. I know it probably sounds sacrilegious, but would the trip be worth it? I talked to my dad and he made it sound like it was a good, but not incredible course. A few caveats there… He last played Palmetto maybe 20 years ago, and said it wasn’t in great condition at the time. He’s also spoiled by having played a lot of top tier courses so his opinion is a little skewed.

And before anyone asks to take my spot, my best friend lives in Columbia and would play in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I didn’t know we were so close… jokes aside, I’ve never heard a bad word about it. Might want to assure they’re not recently punched, lots of courses around here are punching now or have punched in the last couple weeks. I have not played it, but if you’re a GCA buff, it’s gotta be a go right?

2 Likes

Just go. No questions asked. Just go

3 Likes

Palmetto is incredible, i would definitely make the trip. it should be sub $100 and assuming the greens werent recently punched it will be in phenomenal shape.

It’s my number 3 course in the state only behind Ocean and Secession. It’s definitely worth the trip.

Hey everyone! New to the Refuge. Live in Blythewood at Cobblestone, member over a Ft. Jackson, work full-time with the National Guard Band, try and play once a week, currently an 11. Looking forward to meeting new folks and enjoying some walks! Thanks!

4 Likes

I’ve played a lot of top tier courses. Book it!

1 Like

On the way now!

1 Like

Welcome! Maybe post-'rona once the world is going again I’ll reach out. I come up to Jackson once a month for drill.

@BSHollow welcome also. Glad to see Chucktown starting to get some more folks. I’m over in MTP, play at Snee Farm. In addition to Luke’s Aiken meet-up, we’re also look-in out to a 2021 PGA Championship meet-up with Stono being one of the possible courses.

Hey! I was thinking about driving into Aiken next week to play as a solo. When I called the club they recommended that I actually consider arriving after 3PM because public play isn’t available on weekday mornings. This sounded weird to me – any tips?

Paging @LukeBoatright

Still need to get down and play with y’all at Snee.

1 Like

I’ll make an inquisition. I’ve never gone as a single I just call and get a tee time and have never had an issue playing in the mornings. Maybe it’s a single thing?