Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

1 Like

Much better than we when had to play the Hackler Course at Coastal every year.

1 Like

Exactly. And it felt like if state wasn’t at the Hackler, then one of the state qualifiers would be. I don’t have anything against the course or anything - it just felt like there was a stretch where it was always there

I really appreciated the opportunity to double bogey the Par 3 tenth to open my round going off the back and get started off hot!

2 Likes

I normally saved my double bogey for 2 or the hole with the McDonalds (13?) that always seemed to have a second shot that was into a 60 mph wind.

1 Like

Update on Caledonia’s greens: played today and they were fine. You could tell a few were still recovering, but not a big deal. Greens were pretty slow. I’m assuming that’s related to trying to rehab the greens, though.

Overall, loved the course. I want to come back and try True Blue as well someday.

2 Likes

I have read that Caledonia is aerating on 6/21 but don’t know if conditions have changed that date.

nice, I just booked a tee time here for july 3

Giving some serious thought to joining Musgrove Mill.

Pros: Better course, practice facility, better conditions/less play
Cons: 40 vs 5 mins away (current club) which translates to time/gas

The deal is good though through at least 2023 and would make me feel less guilty about playing other places. If you’ve seen my website, you know that is a big piece of the decision.

5 Likes

The travel time is a big commitment. I’ve been in contact with their membership guy and do like a lot of what they offer. I’m also seriously considering Three Pines though as it’s half the price and half the commute. Haven’t played Musgrove yet though, trying to get out the weekend of 25th. A great golf course can be worth the $ and commute.

1 Like

Just looked at your website, that’s awesome, you certainly have put the time and effort into your travels. Only disappointment for me is you have never played my hometown course: Dusty Hills! I play at So Oaks now but grew up in Marion.

I played Musgrove on Memorial Day, and have never had so much fun shooting 50 on the front 9 without losing a ball. What an amazing property they have.

2 Likes

Yeah, and you know me, I don’t practice a ton or play 3-6 hole loops, so the travel is less of a concern.

Three Pines is interesting.

I will support your decision to become a Musgrove member.

3 Likes

Sorry, you’re not invited :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

It’s never been a concern for you….it’s literally in your name!

4 Likes

Would access to the other McConnell courses be another pro? Haven’t played any of them to say if that would be a draw or not.

1 Like

The annual membership doesn’t include unaccompanied access to other McConnell properties. It’s $2,400/year vs full golf membership which is $3k initiation and $390/month

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have that in the membership category I’m looking at. The trade off for the good deal.

1 Like