Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

Been several years, but I remember thinking the same thing. Was going to say Toftrees. Not an architectural gem, but usually in good shape and probably popping color-wise this time of year.

Hey Everyone. Just throwing myself into the mix. Newly joined Nest! Play a lot with @bert and occasionally with @CMUgol4.

3 Likes

Nice, welcome! Thereā€™s a WhatsApp group if youā€™d like to tag into that, a few guis have been chatting about getting out to play soon, weather dependent of course, in case youā€™re interested in joining. WhatsApp Group Invite

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2023-refuge-roosts-applications-open/81901?u=iacas

Refuge Roosts for 2023 are open.

3 Likes

I might suggest ā€œWestern PAā€ to includeā€¦ Meadville, Erieā€¦ Latrobeā€¦ (Iā€™m bad at geography, so maybe there are other populated places too).

2 Likes

I do not have time to be Captain but would love to be a part of a Burgh Roost!

Would also recruit Golf Buddies who are not Nest members.

We had some traction for it last year. Just need someone to commit to being captain.

Hey all. from WNY here. We are planning a 2023 match play. Was thinking about doing western ny, central ny and yins area. In thinking that would be the regional roost of our area got one. Iā€™m kinda heading it up a little in our area but in no means claiming captaincy of anything. Just trying to see what we got for interest in the areas. Not sure where or who said maybe name of roost be Rust Belt roost. I mentioned lake effect roost. Either way trying to get some traction. If yins are doing your own thing that is completely fine. Just throwing it out there.

Hereā€™s a roost sign up with all 3 of us if interested. Yall could do a separate sign up and then if we combine later we put it all together.

I would be happy to participate and help serve as a ā€œCoordinatorā€ of events or similar position but I donā€™t think that I have the time to dedicate to doing it as a sole captain.

1 Like

Where did you end up playing last weekend? Hopefully it was better than going to that gameā€¦

Being the newbie I am what does being Roost Captain entail? Not necessarily signing up to do it, just think it would be cool to have local events if we have the numbers to support it

1 Like

^link to the Roost 2023 info. Thereā€™s a google doc with guidelines there.

We also have this spreadsheet from last year. @CMUgol4 volunteered to captain at the timeā€¦

1 Like

As I wait here to get on North Park, my buddy and I thought of some Roost Club names:
Western PA Roost name ideas:

• Steel City Golf Club
  • LIV Steel CIty
  • Steel GC
  • Golf Club of Appalachia
  • SIC Golf (Steel Icaritos Club)
    And the logo is the Icarito Logo but instead of holding a golf club itā€™s holding a Steel I-Beam.

I actually just came up with better onesā€¦

• Bogeys Nā€™at (or some other golf termā€¦ Birdies Nā€™at)
  • Strappalachia
1 Like

This is so good. Would love to see this become a Roost. Yinz goin down to play a match ginst Bogeys Nā€™at? What a bunch of jagoffs.

5 Likes

What about something incorporating ā€œBridgesā€ in the name? Lotta bridges in Pittsburgh. Big infrastructure vibes. And a lotta puns to be made there.

Iā€™m a big fan of Bogies Nā€™at but I fear the rest of the Refuge might not get it ha

2 Likes

Canā€™t even agree on the spelling, see? Bogies? Bogeys. :smiley:

Bogeys and Pierogies, now weā€™re talkinā€™.

2 Likes

Well I canā€™t spell for shit so I defer to someone who actually knows Grammerā€¦ But I like Bogies and Pierogies too ha

I was also thinking today maybe incorporating Arnie Palmer in some way? Then our logoā€™s color scheme can match his stuff. Maybe something like one of the following based on suggestions above.

• Palmerā€™s Bridge
  • Palmerā€™s Perogies
    Or the OG
  • Arnieā€™s Army

Also daily reminder to update your info in the spreadsheet!

1 Like