Roll Call: Pittsburgh and Western PA

If you want to drive a little bit, Champion Lakes or Ligonier CC would be nice additions too. They are probably about 40 mins from 7 Springs

1 Like

I recommend Champion Lakes over Donegal Highlands. Nothing “wrong” with Donegal but it was pretty rough when I played there last weekend. And Champion Lakes is solid.

Fundraiser sale for the UPJ Mens Golf Team if any of you are interested in custom headcovers/belts.

Still spots available at these tee times if any of you guys want to play with an Ohio guy visiting for the weekend.
October 13; Omni Bedford springs 9:30
October 14 champion lake 9:15
October 16: north winds 9

Thanks for the champion lake recommendation. Looking forward to north winds Sunday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjtYncBLAhj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

As a West Virginia guy I’ll respectfully decline lol best of luck though! ha

1 Like

Just got around to looking at the PSAC results. Differences in scoring between rounds looks pretty bonkers. Just way tougher weather the second day? My Golden Knights have been on a heater all fall, bummed they came up short. Although have you noticed we’re wearing the ugliest team polos ever?

Good on yinz for beating Mercyhurst. Fuck those guys.

1 Like

Mercyhurst got wrecked.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=teamPlayer&tid=27067

Coleman retired and they lost three players. Almost all freshman this year. Ferry moved to Gannon, and one or two others transferred. Ryan Peters graduated.

No idea how good Pitt-J was supposed to be, but @CTrabert could tell us.

2 Likes

Anyone know of any good fall rate deals in the area worth sharing? Got a weekend afternoon tee time at olde stonewall for $95 which hardly feels like a steal, but still a decent discount from their usual peak season rate.

Round 2 was very windy conditions. Gannon has been very solid this fall by adding Ferry from the transfer portal + 2 international freshman who have traveled consistently. Mercyhurst has definitely struggled this year after losing a few of their key players.

We have struggled this year compared to last year no question. We finished the fall with a 310 scoring average compared to a 304 last fall. Going to need to reset this winter and come out firing in the spring to give a run at making regionals!

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed Champion Lakes! They’ve done a great job of improving that place the last few years.

1 Like

If you’re willing to drive it looks like you can play the course at Bedford Springs for $79 as opposed to the $220 in season rate. I haven’t played it but heard it’s awesome.

2 Likes

Bedford is well worth $79. Their maintenance crew blows the fairways and course consistently in the fall to keep leaves off of it.

I would not pay $220. Was $150ish a few years ago in season non resort guest when I played on my honeymoon.

Played Bedford Springs for $89 back in August. Thought that was pretty much the ceiling for what I would be willing to pay to play there. Liked the openness of most of the course, but the greens were slow as shit

It should play firm and fast, but they keep it over watered and very green. The heaven forbid the resort guests see a little brown on the course.

Hello PA friends, me and a couple buddies are making the trip out for the Gophers/PSU game. Thinking about playing some golf either Friday or Monday. Will be driving from Pittsburgh. Anywhere you’d recommend that’s along that route?

Chestnut Ridge is right along 22 in Blairsville. They have 36 holes and you drive right by it.

You can probably get on at the Blue or White course in State College too. Toftrees is another resort in State College I’ve never actually played it, but I’ve heard good things.

Skip the PSU courses. They’re meh. Even something like Totteridge would be much better.

1 Like

Chestnut Ridge would be convenient but they just aerated this week. Not sure how well they will have recovered. I was just at the PSU courses for PIAAs and they were in great shape.