Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Grand Cypress is probably above that $80 price point in February unless you can swing an afternoon round. Same would be true at ChampionsGate Resort or Country Club (different properties). There are usual suspects of OCN, Falcon’s Fire, and Celebration in that area as well, just tough for locals to see the winter rates.

If you’re willing to travel 30-40 minutes Southern Dunes and Mission Inn come to mind as interesting options in that price range.

2 Likes

Tried out Country Club of Mount Dora with my dad on his recommendation. Don’t let the name fool you, I made a tee time online :wink:. First impression was that it was a typical residential subdivision course, but it was in pretty good shape and had an interesting variety of holes (narrow vs. wide, short vs. long, etc.) I don’t think I’d make a special trip for it, but it may go into the rotation for that northern Orlando suburbs area.

1 Like

Played the New Course at GC last week, was $99 weekday morning.

Course was in phenomenal shape, greens were absolutely perfect. May try and play there again tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

Anyone want to play Eagle Creek this Saturday, have a tt in the afternoon.

Another event, this time it’s right in your backyard.

1 Like

Is anyone familiar with Shingle Creek and how solid of a place it is?

Shoulda just used the search bar! Lotta comments about it-Seems like decent reviews from the refuge folks

1 Like

I’ve only played it 3-4 times and it’s always been in good shape. There are some good holes out there and overall it’s not a bad course. Last time I was there they were renovating one of the par 4’s on the back and had the tees moved up so it played like a par 3 which was odd.

1 Like

Anyone going to the LPGA event at Lake Nona next weekend? I’m thinking about getting a ticket for Sunday.

4 Likes

I’m interested in going. Let me know if you decide to go and I’ll join you, @bogeytax.

1 Like

Just snagged a tee time at WP9 for Wednesday at 1:39 if anyone is looking to get out.

1 Like

I’ll be in Orlando for a few days in February, I’m putting together my itinerary.

How good is Orange Tree? I have a way on there. Would I be a fool to skip it? Its the only private course I currently have access to.

2 Likes

Highly recommend it.

1 Like

I’ll be there most of the day Thursday and Friday (like in the 10am-2:30pm time frame). I have a good friend who is a member, so I’m humbly accepting his invitation.

1 Like

Orange Tree is solid, a very tight course winding through a gated community, but it’s no Isleworth/Nona. Try to get a round in at Grand Cypress when you’re in the area.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

I grabbed a tee time at Grand Cypress at 8:30 on Feb 3 if anybody wants to jump in.

1 Like

I live in the community - dropped my golf membership because I didn’t play it enough, but still a social member. It is generally in great shape and the green complexes are challenging. Well worth playing in my opinion. Extremely tight!

Does anyone happen to be playing anywhere in the area tomorrow? I took the day off to go to the LPGA ToC, but my Nona member buddy has some VID positivity in his family, so he’s not going.

Now I suddenly have a free day until my son is out of school at 3:15.

Just played Grand Cypress last Wednesday. I absolutely loved it. I’m a high handicap and was able to make some birdies. Such a fun course.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m really looking forward to it. We’ve been hoping to get to Scotland since January of 2020 but life is happening a little too hard so this “homage to St. Andrews” have to do.

On another note - I’m feeling bold, might delete later.

Are there any CC of Orlando members here willing to host 2 (my wife and I) on the afternoon of Feb 3? We’d pay our own way and buy you food. It’s just a course I’d really like to see.

3 Likes