Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

I’m always down for some WP9!

1 Like

Going to be down doing the tourist thing next week. I am looking for 1 ticket to the PNC on Saturday. I can’t find anything on any resell sites. Anybody got one for sale?

1 Like

I am always up for WP9 too. Count me in.

3 Likes

Just booked the first of many rounds when I am in town Jan 17-19. Playing Grand Cypress New Course. Anyone know about how long the rounds take there?

Plan on 3:30-4 hours depending what day of the week you’re playing.

Oh that’s perfect. Playing Wednesday morning at 8, in case anyone wants to join. I’m trying to squeeze in WP9 and Dubsdread that day too.

@bogeytax @Big_RanDeer @bigcheese

I’ll set up a group of four for Sunday around 10am

Just going to book one spot for now. Unsure if I’ll have time for two loops. A true game time decision for that.

1 Like

Would love to play but have family plans sorry guis!

1 Like

Cool that works for me! Let’s get @dshaddy in here if there’s still room!

1 Like

Yep. I’m in if there’s room.

3 Likes

Booked four spots at WP9 for this Sunday at 11:06am

@bogeytax
@dshaddy
@bigcheese

Still in?

2 Likes

Yes sir! I’ll be there.

3 Likes

Still in!

2 Likes

Hey all -

I am in town from now until early January, staying in Winter Park. Have my car and am up for playing anywhere. May try dubsdread this afternoon (no tee times at the 9).

Let me know if you are looking for a game!

3 Likes

Hey all,

I will be in Orlando this upcoming week with the family. I’m looking to find a good course close to the area that is relatively fairly priced. Our only day to play will be Dec. 27th so a course that doesn’t require booking tee times a week or so out would be a plus as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Southern Dunes in Haines City is having a special that week - $69 public rate and $59 for FL residents. Tough to find a better value for a morning tee time in December at that price, it’s a great course. Special was part of an email ad, but it said it would apply to all tee times. :man_shrugging: If it’s afternoon you might find a reasonable rate at Eagle Creek, North Shore, or Falcon’s Fire.

The 27th is only 4 days away and the weather is going to be perfect, so you should probably make a tee time sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help! Going to book a tee time at Southern Dunes right now

1 Like

Hey All,

Going to be in the area with family in late February and looking to get in a couple rounds with my old man. Already eyeing up WP9 for one day but interested in any suggestions for reasonably priced courses (sub $80). Staying at Orange Lake but know that in the past their golf courses were not worth what they were charging…is that still true?

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

As far as Orange Lake their Palmer Course was pretty solid, I played it last September. The New Course at Grand Cypress is a total blast not sure what they are priced at. You can always count on Orange County National to be in good shape.

3 Likes

I visit Orlando a couple times a year and my preference depends on where in town we’re staying and what’s convenient. That said I tend to prefer WP9 and OCN.

For your location Grand Cypress or OCN would be my recommendation. WP9 is great but will be a good 45 mins across downtown one way. That drive can be okay on some days, unbearable on others.

Biggest issue I have with WP9, and it’s been said before, is the place is hard to book. They unlock tee times like 72 hours early for non-locals at midnight and you’ll be lucky to find anything before 10am. So plan ahead if this is what you want to do.

Their replay rate is low, which is nice considering you’ll probably have to wait for an opening but it’s still worth it.

Grand Cypress is supposed too be fantastic but I still haven’t made the trek.

If you want to post again when this gets closer, I can always poll my Orlando FB group to see what’s in good shape at the moment as well.

2 Likes