Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

How tough is it to book times on Winter Park? Going to be in Orlando on Thursday, 3/3 and dying to play. I imagine it may be tough to secure a tee time.

I checked Golf Now every day the week and a half before when I would be there. I talked to them in the shop and they said the phone rings off the hook constantly and they always are turning people away.

I got a tee time no problem with golfnow.

2 Likes

Thanks!

If you haven’t joined our Roost yet, why? We have an event next week.

GET INVOLVED.

2 Likes

Orlando area Refugees! If you haven’t joined our Roost yet, get on it!

We have our first event next week and the deadline to signup is today, see all of our events here on this google doc.

Signup for the Roost here if you haven’t already!

Players is March 8 to 13 at Sawgrass. Anyone know how far in advance of March 8 the course is closed to the public?

I am getting an order together for Splash of OJ tees. Leaving the sheet up through 2/11. They’re $15 per 100, Venmo info in the sheet.

3 Likes

Hey fellow Floridians, I just moved down here and would love to join the group events and stuff! Just me saying hi!!

3 Likes

Welcome!

Join the roost we’ve got some events on the books!

4 Likes

Landing in Orlando on Feb 12. Looking to play when I land. What public/muni courses would be on the way to Jacksonville?

Headed to Orlando Monday the 14th for work. Planning to loop WP9 that evening with a coworker then headed south to Kissimmee for site visits Tuesday.

Any good steak or seafood restaurants we should check out?

Christner’s, BoVine, Linda’s LaCantina and Reel Fish are all solid. Will be hard to get a table on the 14th with it being Valentine’s Day though.

2 Likes

Palatka golf club isn’t too far out of the way, super fun course.

1 Like

Thank you. Right on the route. Booked it.

You can never repost a link to a Splash of OJ event

Restaurant/hotel recommendations near WP9?

The Coop, Prato, Umi, Briarpatch all excellent restuarants.

1 Like

Just debating spending the night there Golfing at World Woods the next day

The Alfond Inn is an awesome hotel less than a mile away from WP9.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Alfond booked that night. Booked Springhill Marriott.