Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

I’d be interested! Sounds fun and a little more formal and planned then impromptu get-togethers that can be more difficult to attend.

1 Like

Hello. Been following NLU for a while and finally joined. I definitely waited too long to join. Live an hour south of Omaha.

3 Likes

Hello Big Red brethren! I’m coming up from Oklahoma next June and wonder if anyone knows the difficulty in getting on Awarii Dunes with advance tee time?

You shouldn’t have a problem, unless there is an outing or tournament. Definitely get a tee time, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were able to get on same day by just showing up.

3 Likes

Definitely not trying to start a turf battle or poach anybody that wants to align with other NE folks.

But KC kind of feels like the “hub” of this mid-plains region of sorts. Extending an invite to our friends in NE as we mobilize things here in KC.

1 Like

Nebraska folks, any objections? Seems like a good idea to me, thanks for the invite! We can still keep our Nebraska chapter but for now can be included with KC for the official roost. I don’t know if Nebraska would ever be big enough on its own.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure how it would work, but I think you can still operate almost 100% autonomously, but if you play under the KC Roost umbrella that makes you eligible to play in the regional tournaments, assistance from NLU with organization and access, and perhaps access to the PINZ app to track results/communicate.

IF IF IF the KC Roost is selected as one of the founders for 2022, and IF IF IF I was selected as captain, I would look for a local Omaha “Vice Captain” to basically run things on their own, as they see fit, and I would assist as needed. If you had sufficient participating numbers, I could see scheduling a KC Roost event in Omaha worth “double points” or something to encourage the KC Crew to travel north and foster community within the large geographic spread of our Roost.

Anyway, I don’t know if anyone submitted an application for a NE/Omaha/Lincoln Roost, but with 7 on the signup so far it seems unlikely. We’re up to 32 on our list and I feel pretty good about our chances of being selected.

If it all works out and there turns out to be a large contingent of locals up in your area, I’d absolutely encourage you to spin off from KC and form your own.

2 Likes

Did someone say vice captain???

I think that sounds like a great idea. Unless anyone from the Nebraska thread objects, I say count us in. We haven’t submitted an application yet, so we’ll just plan to be included as part of the KC crew. Thanks again!

3 Likes

If anyone interested in joining the KC Roost, please add your name to this sheet. Boosting numbers improves our chances of being one of the founding Roosts for 2022.

2 Likes

I’m honored and excited!

Incredible unexpected mail.

19 Likes

sick

This is really cool. Got a hand written card from the Landmand kids with a hat I bought of theres. Can’t wait for it to open up.

1 Like

Gonna be out there in July this year, are there any get togethers maybe at wild horse or landmand planned yet? Would also love to play with any of you while I’m out there at some of the Omaha tracks.

1 Like

When in July? Nothing official yet, but I’m sure we’ll plan a few gettogethers at Landmand once we hear official opening dates, cabin availability, etc.

3 Likes

Get in July 6th or 7th…wedding that weekend then traveling west on the 11th probably for a week then back to Omaha for a 5 or 6 day stay before heading back east. We’re traveling by camper. Could definitely rearrange to hit a get together.

3 Likes

Please keep us in the loop! Always down to play with refugees

Also, if anyone in the area wants to test out a 3.0 Whoop for 2 months free, just gimmie a shout and I’ll get it to you!

3 Likes

After listening to the season preview/goals podcast this week, it got me thinking about setting some goals for this year. What are some golf or non-golf related goals for you guys this year?

For me:
-Score to par per hole of 0.40 (I played “half bogey” golf last year, averaging +9 for each 18 hole round, so this would end up as +7.2 each round)
-FIR% of 42% (36% in 2021)
-GIR% of 46% (40% in 2021)

NE!!!

Putting together a trip this year and we are working on The Prarie Club and want to add other rounds. So far I’m thinking:

Prarie Club
Wild Horse
Sand Hills (working on this via references but not likely)

Any other suggestions?

1 Like