Roll Call: KC Area

EDIT #83; things are moving quickly. @Christian @tsweat345 @japolo1987 @anon68983737 @Chapo @nerdmachine @Dyson @rwp989 @CG91OD @anon81973724

I can only @ 10 people at a time. Expect to see your name come up eventually if I don’t see you on the list. All we’re looking for is a “definitely maybe” commitment 1 time in 2022 to get things started. KC thread has 3x the post count as the Oklahoma crew and they’ve got 20+ signed up.

Roster Link TRoost Roster - Google Sheets

What is the name of your Roost?
TRoost Union (subject to change, I just now made this up, think of a Union Station silhouette logo)

What is the Refuge Handle of your Captain?
tnord

In what states/provinces will your Roost operate?
Kansas/Missouri

How many members are in your Roost or committed to joining your Roost?
20-39

How many Nest Members are in your Roost?
20-40

How will your Roost communicate?
Refuge Roll Call Thread

What method does your Roost plan on using to determine who represents them at regional tournament?
Season Long Series

Does your Roost plan on having at least 1 meetup in 2022 open to all on the Refuge?
Yes

Would your Roost be interested in accepting Nest Members from other nearby states/provinces?
Yes

Is your Roost interested in using an application for keeping leaderboards, and playing virtual matches (2 people play a match from different locations)?
Yes

Is there anything you else want to share with us about your Roost?
This is an “if you build it, they will come,” approach. There are plenty of nest members from central KS to central MO interested in participating, with the hub being KC. We’re just lacking any sort of structure or leadership to get it off the ground. I envision a season long match play situation, with a hockey type scoring system where points are assigned to wins and ties. Roost participants can schedule matches at their discretion, and the captain will secure a tee time(s) once/month where multiple matches can be played. Limitations placed on matches between the same members to encourage interaction, and total points accumulated crowning a champion to encourage participation. I don’t know that I’m the best captain (anybody nominating themselves should be questioned), but somebody has to get it started. I also envision having a “vice captain” or two to help me out when family schedule and other golf commitments get busy.

4 Likes