Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Dismal River
Landmand
Frederick Peak

1 Like

Thank you. Will add to our list.

From what I recall, Landman isn’t open yet, correct?

March or May, I forget.

1 Like

Where you comin from? Looking to stay out west?

I agree Frederick Peak is a must see if you’re out in Valentine. 10 holer in town that is so fun.

If you call out to Dismal they’ll probably let you on.

Landmand is pretty far out of your way, and may not be open. The goal was early 2022 for public play but nothing has been announced yet

3 Likes

Driving in from Denver

1 Like

Landmand should be on your list, but maybe not in 2022.

If I were you I’d see what ballyneal has going. They do a similar thing to Sand Hills where you can play once unaccompanied.

That would set you up nice to hitting Heritage Hills on the way into NE. Fun track in McCook

2 Likes

Hello from the outside(of the nest,)

A buddy of mine just opened up a new indoor practice facility in Lincoln called Under Par Golf Studio. There are two hitting bays set up with GCQuad and a large putting green with Quintic Putting Analyzer for hourly use. Derek Jensen, owner, has worked at Lincoln Muni’s since he was sixteen and has been a pro at Highlands for a few years now. Prices are reasonable ($35/hr) with monthly memberships available. He’s a good dude following a very enviable dream and just wanted to make sure everyone on the Refuge is aware that it opened! :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Planning to play Wild Horse early morning Tuesday July 12th…Would love to play with other golf sickos!! Staying in RV at the Lafayette Park 11th-12th!!

3 Likes

Landmand will not open for public play until Labor Day’ish or after.

3 Likes

US Open Q @ OCC
US Am Q @ Beatrice CC
US Fourball Q @ Landmand

Nebraska golf fuqs

5 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting, will be the first ‘homegrown’ Dormie Club if they go through with everything.

“a promising economic boost to the community,” ← made me lol a bit, as someone that has stayed at multiple Dormie properties I can say that very few of these golfers are going to be spending much money in the community other than on-property. Should generate a decent # of jobs though.

2 Likes

⛹️‍♂️ You boys like old balls?

6 Likes

friends, if you had to play 36 holes in omaha somewhere not named indian creek, where would you play?

36 holes at the same course? Is this for the regional tournament?

Yes. We have a tentative booking at Indian Creek, but there are a number of factors that make it not an ideal situation so we’re looking around some more.

Benson is cool, Johnny Goodman is cool. Neither really stack up to Indian Creek.

If you’re coming to Nebraska and IC is out, might as well just drive out to Wild Horse ¯_(ツ)_/¯. Never a hassle making that drive

4 Likes

wild horse would be a problem for MN and STL, and I think is still like 7hrs from KC.

I’m all about making it easy for people to compete should they qualify.

Tiburon is a pretty good course with 27 holes. Pace of play can be an issue sometimes. Johnny Goodman and Benson are both high quality munis (20 mins apart if you wanted to do one round at each). Iron Horse and Quarry Oaks are about 25-30 mins outside of Omaha in Ashland but both pretty fun courses.

1 Like