Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

The first thing that caught my eye was those sweet sweet Hogans…more so than the NLU swag. Little man did alright…shot 49-54 in the 11 and under division. He was repping the NLU towel as well. I prepaid 10 rounds at Hefner in January and have 9 coupons left. Use them or lose them before the end of the year so I’m down to get together with some other refugees.

4 Likes

Anyone in the USGA Mid-Am qualifying this Monday in Tulsa?

1 Like

I was looking at John Conrad’s renovation plans today and this made me very happy to read.

3 Likes

Yup. Missed a bunch of three-footers yesterday so happy to see I’m in good form leading up to it.

1 Like

My dude, I hear you… What time do you go off Monday?

1 Like

10:00am - what about you?? Still a couple holes out there that I have no idea what to do off the tee so just gonna wing it

I’m going off at 8:40. I also have a practice round set up with another random at 12:45pm on Sunday if you want to call the pro shop and see if you can hop in. I have played a bunch of rounds out there if you have any questions.

1 Like

For those who have been patiently waiting (like myself) the Swinging Pete shop has restocked visors
Headwear – Page 2 – The Swinging Pete Shop (swinging-pete-shop.myshopify.com)

2 Likes

What’s the play on (current) 16? That 90degree dogleg left

They need to shrink the logo on the imperial performance hats by about 60%. Less is more on those, too much stitching and they just don’t sit right.

2 Likes

Lololololololololol… That fucking hole…

I usually settle on hitting a 3W out to the right side of the fairway or through to the right rough at the dogleg and play that second shot low and turning away from the lake on the right. Unless you just bomb driver over the corner and carry the second part of the hidden lake, that second shot is going to be a bear anyways. I’ve only gotten the driver over and found a couple of times and had a short wedge in. Usually out to the right fairway/rough leaves you somewhere 140-170 in.

1 Like

Agreed. I picked up the '78-'82 logo on a black Imp perform a few years back and wish they ran more of it

1 Like

Attn: Anyone from the OSU Athletic Merch Department
Please make a white Nike heritage ‘86 hat with a very small swinging Pete logo on the front like this Frank hat.
Thank you,
H.O.

5 Likes

would buy in all colors

4 Likes

Hello old friends. If any of you have an inkling to come visit the DC area, this is a good reason to: Match Play Atop the Hill at Stoneleigh

2 Likes

Did you or @bbdixon shoot 61 yesterday?

1 Like

Lololololololol, I passed that 61 number somewhere around the 13th hole. I couldnt do shit right yesterday. @bbdixon teed off about 90 minutes after me so I did not see how he finished. I was way to dejected to stick around and continue to see an 84 next to my name on the leaderboard.

2 Likes

Got to the 12th tee in decent shape, knowing if I could somehow reel off three or four birdies down the stretch I might have a chance, and proceeded to immediately nuke two OB right. It was siiiiiiick.

Can confirm though that a 61 to those pin placements is disgusting and I would call for that person’s immediate removal from The Refuge were he to be on here.

2 Likes

I felt like Team Reed would have had a word or two to say about all the back right pin placements. Not a good day for drawing shots in there tight

The guy that won is also the back to back club champion at MeadowBrook. Can confirm he’s got the game, but course knowledge of course is useful. Second place at 4 under is more what I expected the winner to be at.

1 Like