Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Glad someone made it to that. I was tempted to make the drive up from Norman.

2 Likes

Only weird thing was that there was no encore. Lights came on, but everyone stood around waiting until they basically took every piece of equipment off the stage. Still though, such a good time

1 Like

So jealous

1 Like

This was another one of those events that had me wishing I lived up in Tulsa.
Green Day pop-up show, and Phish is apparently rehearsing for their tour at the BOK center this week, before they play in Arkansas on the 28th.

2 Likes

Did Jimmie Austin go fully private?

you might be on to something, but not that I’m aware of. I think they severely limit the # of public tee times. I have tried to get on several times this year and they ask if i’m a member (i have OU faculty creds, but not a membership), then they turn me down saying, ‘sorry no public times available’

sounds as though the SEC elitism has already begun

9 Likes

This sucks. I figured there was zero chance I’d ever get on that short course/training thing they built, but I figured a non-resident alum would still be able to play the main course on a home game weekend in the fall…

you might be able to, but they arent going to let you book more than 7days out.
Keep me posted and I’ll see if I can poke a member about getting you(us?) on.

2 Likes

I’d be way up for this if the offer is extended. Coming into town from Denver and was looking to play an early morning round on 8/20 with a buddy who happens to be one half of Red Dirt Golf Collective. https://twitter.com/RDGC_OK?s=20

1 Like

50% of RDGC should be plenty to get us on. Local celebs!

3 Likes

New Yolk with Doak below: he speaks about Dornick around the 37min mark. I won’t spoil other than he affirms we’ll be open for play nov/dec - tho I’m sure it will be in limited capacities

Currently about 6 greens are shaped and ready for seeding - the target date for which is first of Sept (temp contingent). I think most all the other greens have been approved for drainage/shaping also.

13 Likes

Good luck to all those playing in the Lincoln Park Club Championship this weekend! Lincoln Park Club Championship 2021 Event :: Tee Sheets

5 Likes

Well I’ve once again (2nd time in 5 years) been summoned for Federal Jury Duty in Muskogee on Monday the 16th. Anyone have a scouting report on Muskogee GC?? I’ll def be bringing my clubs this time…

2 Likes

Why on earth is a federal court in Muskogee

1 Like

A true who could say

3 Likes

It goes back to the Indian Territory Court being located there. Which existed until statehood. Since they already had Federal judges there they made it the Eastern District of Oklahoma.

5 Likes

/the more you know dot gif

2 Likes

I’m from Muskogee but have never played there, unfortunately. I believe it is a Maxwell design though how much of the original design remains, I don’t know.

1 Like

Randomly met @bonsaibrassie at Hefner on Friday thanks to the obscene amount of NLU gear I own. Hopefully, we can coordinate something soon and get some peeps together. How did the tourney turn out?

4 Likes