Roll Call: New Hampshire

Played Shattuck Sunday. It is mega firm and fun and the greens are in fantastic shape. Would play if you get the chance.

I lost sooooo many balls there

You are not the only one. I played with a kid who was on the Franklin Pierce team there and watching him work the ball around there was truly impressive.

August NIT Qualifier in MA

1 Like

Im moving to the Upper Valley in June and am stopping by this weekend to Golf and to inspect the house we’re purchasing.

My plan is to play Eastman Golf Links and potentially Lake Sunapee CC (contacted them about joining) this upcoming Saturday 4/24. If anyone wants to play there or anywhere else in the area, HMU.

2 Likes

Planning to be up in NH the first two weeks in July. Still working out some of the golf itinerary and it will be a fluid situation. Would love to tee it up with some of y’all if we can make it work.

2 Likes

@tigergolftraveler you know you always have a round at Hooper!

1 Like

Put Montcalm Golf Club on your radar screen too. Have gone through some ownership changes over the past couple of years but it’s a magical place. Very close to I-89 hwy across from Whaleback Mtn near Enfield.

1 Like

@jlbeer8 Any other decent courses in the area to pair with Hooper for a 36-hole day? Planning a trip with some buddies and I suggested Hooper for all 36 (I’ve been and love it) but getting some skeptics of playing the same 9 four times. FWIW we are hitting Crumpin either day before or after.

1 Like

Bretwood is a solid public 36-hole site. Some very fun holes weaving around the Ashuelot River. It’s in Keene, Nh, Probably about half way between Walpole NH and Bernardston Ma.

If you can only play one of the two courses, I’d recommend the North Course.

2 Likes

@golfijs I second @Chippycut - Bretwood is pretty decent and the North is probably the better option and is about 25 minutes away from Hooper.
For other courses in the area there is Brattleboro CC which is about 35 minutes south of Hooper right off of 91 and is open to the public. Its a Wayne Stiles designed course, the same Golden Age architect who designed Hooper. Crown Point CC, an 18 hole public course in Springfield, VT is fun to play and about 30-35 minutes north of Walpole. Shattuck is about 45 minutes from Hooper and is a challenging and fun course built at the base of Mt. Monadnock w/ some great views and cool holes & probably a course you would take a cart for.
There are two other 9 hole courses close to Hooper - Bellows Falls CC is 15 minutes away in Bellows Fall, VT and Pine Grove Springs in Spofford about 25 minutes away. Both courses are quirky and are not everyone’s cup of tea but others really enjoy them.
Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Awesome, super helpful, thanks to you and @Chippycut

Group is leaning towards maybe trying for a 45-hole day with both courses at Bretwood after an early AM Hooper round

1 Like

Anyone looking to do the Golfers Journal event at Hooper in September?

1 Like

I will be there. And I was going to do a reach out as we get closer but if anyone is planning to attend TGJ x Hooper - and I highly recommend you do - I am here if folks are looking for recommendations of places to stay, eat, do in and around Walpole.

1 Like

Do we know how signups will work? I’m a subscriber but I don’t follow them on any social media.

1 Like

I think it’ll be open on their website sometime in June. I’m definitely planning on getting out there — about an hour and 20 drive for me from the Concord area.

2 Likes

As we get closer sign-ups will be posted on TGJ and Hooper social media and TGJ normally sends out emails to subscribers about upcoming events.
I can reach out and find out the timeframe for sign ups. The limit will be 64 players so I think it’s gonna sell out.

1 Like

TGJ opens these things up for subscribers first right?

It’s open only for TGJ subscribers.

1 Like

Follow-up: sign-ups for the TGJ x Hooper event on Saturday, September 18th is going to be late June/early July.

2 Likes