NIT Qualifier: The Skirmish At Sandy Burr 8/28

Announcing a Northeast gathering for later this summer. Secured a block of tee times at Sandy Burr Country Club for Saturday, August 28th.

Where: Historic Sandy Burr Country Club in Wayland.
When: August 28th, tee times starting at 10 AM.
Cost: $120-$130, depending on where we end up with swag. Includes golf, lunch, merch and a charity donation.
Charity: Benefitting the Confetti Foundation. Great organization which throws birthday parties for kids currently in the hospital. I have seen first hand how much these guys can impact a child going through one of the hardest times of their lives and they deserve every bit of help they can get. One of the staples of a Confetti Foundation party is a big box of home made cards, so in addition to a monetary donation it would be great to be able to give them some cards to send out. We’re asking everybody to make a couple cards (get your kids involved!) and bring them to the course.

More details will be coming but mark your calendars, should be a really fun day.

24 Likes

Sick! Love Sandy Burr. That’s where I was when Alex called and told me she was (very unexpectedly) pregnant with Freddie. Lot of stuff going through my mind that day. Some wild holes out there.

30 Likes

Haven’t seen my family in over a year so this will be a good excuse to fly home and play some golf.

4 Likes

Went to sign up but realized I am getting married that day haha. Probably a tough squeeze. Pumped to see a MA event on here though!

14 Likes

Going to be a good day.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, love to see the hometown represented.

1 Like

Might have to take this day off of work.

4 Likes

I think you absolutely need to take the day. Plenty of time to make a plan.

2 Likes

Hopefully this is not the weekend the wife chooses to plan the honeymoon. I’m in for now.

2 Likes

Did you know that Ken’s Streakhouse salad dressing originate from Ken’s Streakhouse in Framingham, which was once operated out of Sandy Burr CC?

3 Likes

I grew up nearby and went for the first time a few years ago. Not exactly Michelin star, but a pretty solid steakhouse for what you pay.

(Also I signed up for the outing a few days ago! Pumped!)

2 Likes

My mother in law asked me about where Ken’s Salad Dressing came from, so I looked it up and had to LOL when I saw Sandy Burr.

2 Likes

Made my fair share of crooked numbers at Sandy Burr. Can’t wait!

We’ve had some early discussions about what kind of prize would go to the winner but now I am thinking a few bottles of Ken’s may be needed as well.

4 Likes

Sounds like fun! I might have my golf league championship that day but if not I am in. should hopefully know in a couple weeks.

Signed up.

3 Likes

Up to nearly 40. @bjennings210 @DSamuell - you guys in? Need some RI representation.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Not sure how I missed this thread the last few days. I signed up.

2 Likes

Will have to get us paired up.

2 Likes

Been lurking for awhile, just signed up stoked to get out and meet y’all! Played the burr quite a bit when offices were open look forward to it!

7 Likes