Roll Call: Iowa

That was kinda my thought, though the Wisconsin thread seems to be building some significant momentum and with the course selection up there would likely have some weight to throw behind their claimed stake.

I’ve also noticed a lot of talk about joining one of the 20 for competition purposes, but then still allowing the creation of more local Roost for long-term growth and expansion if this does gain steam.

1 Like

I’m probably with you @RunItOut and joining up with Wisconsin, Chicago is already pretty stacked. I should use 2022 just to get better anyways. Nobody wants to play a 22 handicap in Match Play

2 Likes

Going to listen to it now. Wonder if there could be a Flyover States roist of ia, ne, ks, sd, nd. Were moderately represented on heat map.

1 Like

From what I gathered we can still create a “Roost” for Iowa, and if it is eventually large enough can be used to host tournaments. Otherwise, you are able to join multiple “roosts” but only play the official tournament within one of the groups.

2 Likes

MN Roost captain here - we’re bringing in our Dakotan brethren because there’s like 12 refugees between the two states. Just popping in to say that we’re happy to have you if you don’t form your own Roost.

Worth consideration - the Ope-in is already established as a showdown location for the regional Roosts. Iowa definitely has enough Nesticles to form its own and the Ope-in could be the perfect event to decide which group represents our region at the Match Play.

4 Likes

I’m happy to be a Wisconsin import.

1 Like

Would be all for an Iowan Roost if one materializes. Otherwise, being a NE Iowan, Wisconsin Roost it is.

3 Likes

I agree, I think it makes more sense to create a small Iowa Roost for 2022 & try to grow it for a spot in 2023, but obviously joining with a neighboring state is also feasible. Who’s to say…

Nanski in here putting boots on the ground, shaking hands, kissing babies to sway votes haha.

Should we host a caucus to see what larger roost we join? :rofl:

4 Likes

In reading it again it comes off a little “hey join us, not them” which was not the intent. If it was my state I’d encourage you to start your own, but y’all are caught in between some larger markets and I didn’t want anyone to think they aren’t welcome.

2 Likes

Lived here all my life. It’s a blessing. And a curse.

5 Likes

I’d be honored to be a national member of the Iowa Roost. I don’t know what that means, though. And I don’t think it helps anything really. But it sounds fun.

I’m Des Moines born and raised (technically Clive, a DMG&CC boi) with roots in Dickinson, Linn and Johnson County as well.

3 Likes

Im stuck on this. Wed probably have 20ish for an Iowa roost I would guess. Which probably isnt enough to be “official”. Been too busy to dig deep into this so it all kinda confuses me right now. I have 10 hours of flights saturday though and should be able to dive more into it.

2 Likes

@bignanski this is not a declaration of war or a sign of an impending turf battle. It may make sense for some northern Iowa folk to join up with you, and maybe some SW Iowa folk to join up with KC.

Just extending an invite as we mobilize.

qKV8U3Gl3bWVi

I feel so wanted.

3 Likes

no fights.

just invites.

1 Like

So you’re saying the MN contingent and KC need to battle royale with blade 3 irons for full control over Iowa and it’s citizens?

3 Likes

I mean, there’s a distinct possibility those could be the stakes at an end of the year regional playoff.

But for now…choose your side wisely. :wink:

2 Likes

I may need to see some logos before I choose.

l2JJrEzaqKDMqJI5y

3 Likes

So here’s the dilemma (shout out Nelly&Kelly) for me. KC 4.5hr drive. Chicago 3.5, MN 4.5, Madison 3. All within a decent striking distance for weekend jaunts and regional play, making this a complex web of decision making for me.

I am pretty sure WI will get rolled into CHI or MN at least in the 1st year, and Chicago or Illinois seems to be slowly pulled about between the warring STL / CHI factions.

And I know starting an Iowa Roost to build on for the state’s future is the long-play, so then do we all just act as independent contractors until then?

Has anyone besides @grandpa_jones pledged their allegiance?

Am I pouring entirely to much emotional and intellectual energy into this? I hate to see our state divided…

Signed,
Lost in a cornfield of emotions.

4 Likes