Roll call Florida refugees

Highly recommend the Park in West Palm. It’s different and better than almost any course you will play in Southern FL. Osprey is a public course on the edge of the Everglades in Boca. Much more typical FL course with lots of water. Nice practice area. Sleeper pick is the Club at Emerald Hills in Hollywood. It’s going to get redone so conditions are wavering a bit, but really challenging and fun track. Back in the day, the Monday quals for Doral and the Honda were played here. From the tips, it’s a great test with more character than most So FL publics. Probably 90-120 mins from Naples.

1 Like

These are both solid recs Bonita Springs but a pretty healthy drive from Naples in season.

1 Like

By now I shouldn’t be, but I was surprised to see old Raptor Bay/new Saltleaf is $300-$330 for a round in December

Those are pretty much it for “must play” public courses in Palm beach county, everything else is generally a lot of water or built in housing developments. Sandhill Crane and Abacoa are interesting courses but fall into the water and/or housing development category. I’d recommend playing The Park, NPB, and PB Par 3 multiple times over spreading rounds out elsewhere

1 Like

Coming to Destin in early February. Someone please give me a list of the 3-4 best courses to play in the area if u can. Looking for quality and fun. We can deal with a high price point if necessary. Just want to play the most fun courses down there. Thanks in advance.

Give me a couple food and drink recs too if so inclined. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years also!

In no order…

Kelly Plantation
Santa Rosa
Burnt Pine
Camp Creek
Any of the watersound clubs

3 Likes

Going to be coming down to West Palm Beach area 1/25-1/29. Planning on playing The Park and potentially North Palm Beach CC if there’s time. Played the first 13 holes at NPBCC before getting called off the course last year, but was really enjoying the course to that point. From reading above sounds like those are the only public must plays? Any other recs or interested in joining?

My FiL’s condo supposedly has reciprocity with The Breakers but no idea on the cost. Is that something worth looking in to? He’s not a golfer by any stretch of the imagination so would have to dig for details.

I’ve heard good things about the courses at The Breakers. Probably worth checking out if the reciprocal price is reasonable. The Palm Beach Par 3 is worth playing.

1 Like

Florida peeps that may be lurking and/or not in our roost. Our Roost major is happening at the end of April and is also an NIT qualifier. Have 3 last minute spots open, please message me with any questions.

I think I’m coming to Orlando for the PGA show. Fly in Monday, play in the afternoon and Tuesday. What’s the recs. I’m sure it will be a nut house everywhere.

1 Like

Hey I’ll be in Florida for the show too!

Friday we SHOULD be all done around 1pm and I have a 7pm flight back.
Between TSA Precheck and a relatively (short) commute…wanna have an impromptu meetup at Winter Park?

1 Like

If we can get a time I’d be down

1 Like

Figure like a 2pm time - take a spin for 2 hours, and then back to MCO to catch a 7pm flight. That’s enough time, right?

I just want to go play WP9 again. That place is MAGICAL.

2 Likes

Yeah that should be enough time for sure.

Of COURSE any and all are welcome. Especially those that might have an extra half set of clubs for ya boy :wink:

1 Like

We are booked for a round somewhere Tuesday. Monday we are looking for like 1pm.

My club picks a great week for our Member-Member

4 Likes

Shocked there is no group for Jax / JaxBeach given the Kill House, Timuquana CC, home base etc.
Just relocated from Jax Beach to Anondale/Downtown.
Anyone play Hyde Park? What’s it like?

1 Like

Welcome to the Refuge!

You may find this Duval County-focused thread interesting:

There’s also threads for Orlando, Tampa, South Florida, and our Splash of OJ Roost.

1 Like

Until they do a real, extensive renovation it will continue to be a place to skip. Don’t let anyone fool you with that “good bones” line when there are better options not far away for a few bucks more.