Roll call Florida refugees

Anyone have a good recommendation on best place to get an Airbnb for a few weeks that has access to the beach and good public golf? Or a course where I could look to rent at that is close to the beach?

What area?

Check out Palm Beach/West Palm Beach and go play The Park and the Palm Beach Par 3.

1 Like

Open to any and all suggestions. My mom lives on the gulf side, in sarasota. Love the beaches that way. But truly open to any suggestion. Just looking for options to escape winter for a bit and partake in the two things I love: easy access to golf, easy access to the water.

Nice, I’m also in SRQ. If you’re looking for best bang for your buck, check out Lost Key in perdido key. They used to have condos you could rent that would have a membership attached to them.

Very nice, I’m in SRQ this week visiting my Mom and holy cow has the weather been perfect. I really want to play Stoneybrook next time I’m in town. I didn’t realize it was an Arthur Hills course, I live in Northern Virginia and one of my favorite courses I play pretty often is an Arthur Hills course.

3 Likes

We want to play the Park and I have played North Palm Beach Country Club and the Palm Beach Par 3 but what are the other public courses (that don’t require accommodations) that are must plays.
Disclaimer: Not a big Florida golf fan so looking for something interesting that isn’t just water and housing developments.

Any Seminole members looking to host?!

Thank you!

Shooters shoot. No shame in that game.

12 Likes

Starting to get cold and dark here in Cleveland, so I’m starting my recon project a few months early as a means of distraction.

My folks are spending all of April 2024 in Naples. Neither are golfers, so if I come down to visit I’m on my own for golf. Any can’t-miss courses? The dream is to come down for like 10 days, work from “home” half the days and play a good amount of golf. I’d be open for driving a couple hours. Looks like Streamsong is a manageable drive if I get real ambitious.

1 Like

Public? no
Private? you bet your sweet juicy ass there is

4 Likes

12 Likes

Wouldn’t call either of these “can’t miss” but Old Corkscrew and the old Raptor Bay/new Saltleaf Preserve will at least offer daily fee rates for a nice round of golf. Both are about a half hour north in the Estero area.

April public rate for Streamsong is $419 :flushed:

8 Likes

Yeah, what she (actually) said

4 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

Not even an advertised 36-hole replay discount. Not great, KemperSports!

3 Likes

Guessing by the responses, not worth it?

1 Like

For the same drive time you could get to the Park at West Palm and play nearly as nice a course as Streamsong Blue for half that cost (if not cheaper).

5 Likes

I’ve played there a few times over the last two months. One of the better deals in town if you can get a time, conditions have been immaculate.