Roll call Florida refugees

Good to hear J.J., I’m sure we’ll meet at an event before October and then I’ll see you out there then.

1 Like

Sounds good. I also got into the Vinoy event and entered the Bay Hill lottery. Caught the one day event bug after doing the one in Jax Beach a couple weeks back.

2 Likes

Same. It used to be almost all of these events were on Mondays, but now it’s scattered throughout the week, tougher to schedule and travel for.

I didn’t know how good we have it in Florida with regard to the FSGA until I played in a couple other state events over the last couple years.

It’s not perfect but absolutely trumps most state associations with regard to golf course access, volume of events for all walks, reasonable pricing, running a good event and a stable amount of volunteers.

If you want to sharpen your game, go play as many of the One Days as possible.

2 Likes

Alternate #25, the rng was not kind to me lol

1 Like

Sorry man. I got in, my dad is 4th alternate.

1 Like

Nice, congrats!

1 Like

Headed to Key Biscayne for family vacation this week any reason to bring clubs? Took a look at Crandon golf course but didn’t know if any locals had insight or wanted to try and play together.

2 Likes

Visited about a month ago, it’s a fun and challenging course. Bring the sticks & book a tee time for sure.

2 Likes

seconded, Crandon is definitely worth a loop if you’re down there, especially if you’re going to be in Key Biscayne, it’s a short drive

1 Like

Any of y’all around the Pompano Beach area?

1 Like

I’m all the way down in Miami but work in Miramar. @PGA_ALLTHEWAY if you’re down that far south let me know and I can try and meet half way!

@ASplashOfOJ

Some events are popping up for the 2022-23 season which is starting in August

We also have spots left for our final event of the 2021-22 season

get involved!!!

Posting this here as well because I’m not sure anyone looks at the Duval roll call thread

2 open spots at TPC Valley Course tomorrow or Friday around noon - $120 riding rate

Let me know if anyone would like to join

My folks, GF, and I are going to head to FL for a few days in January/February. We need beaches for my parents (70s). We need a few things to do for my GF and I (30s), whether that be shopping, attractions, or otherwise. We need golf options for me (10 cap).

We are not into theme parks. Don’t want it to be super pricy, but not afraid to pay a bit for something nice.

What cities or areas should we be looking at? Thanks in advance for the recs!

West palm/ palm beach/ Jupiter area would be great. Nice beaches great restraints, good shopping on worth Ave, not crazy like Miami would be my call but I’m biased as i live here

3 Likes

Highly recommend a reservation at Okeechobee Steakhouse if you choose that route.

2 Likes

Started the day at Crandon at Key Biscayne before driving up to west palm beach. Playing the par 3 course tomorrow as we slowly golf our way up to Jax. So far so good!

6 Likes

I remember having to fight those iguanas off to hit certain tee shots!

2 Likes