Roll Call: Duval

Calling all local weatherman. I’m not familiar with the east coast of Florida. The forecast is showing thunderstorms every day next week. Is this a common thing, like how in Colorado you get a thunderstorm and shower every afternoon, or is my beach week looking like it’s a sit inside and drink myself into a stupor?

As an amateur meteorologist, FLs forecast is only good for day of. Sometimes a couple days but if you get out in the morning you’ll have a better chance than afternoon (usually). Also think of the heat right now as well, it’s either morning or twilight rounds.

I try to strike when the iron is hot. If it says rain, but it won’t be until late in the round, I’ll make it happen. It could miss you as well.

1 Like

thank you. we’ve got a couple 8 ams lines up and 1 afternoon round. thankfully everybody is well adjusted to 90 and 100% humidity. It sucks, but it’s not something unfamiliar to us.

1 Like

Basically @Schikolas nailed it. There’s no trusting the forecast; if you did you’d never book a tee time in the summer.

Morning is good. It rains almost every afternoon for a bit and then stops.

Do you want to come play golf in Pinehurst in October? Of course you do. @Hwhite and @OffTheDole will be there. We have open spaces for Vibestock on October 2nd. Add your name to the signup sheet in the post below. If there are no spaces left, the alternate list is moving quickly so there’s a good chance you’ll get in.

You can also win a FREE entry through our raffle. Details here:

2 Likes

Hey guys. Just moved down to Jax from Dallas and would love to play some golf with y’all. Out of town this weekend but want to play the 14th!

3 Likes

@OffTheDole and I need 2 more for Jax Beach Sunday morning - 10:50. Let us know if you’d like to join!

Miss you @JCO

5 Likes

One spot gone and one spot left

2 Likes

I’d like to join but I live far away

5 Likes

Nothing would be better than a Sunday walk at Jax Beach together after a big breakfast and alittle coffee.

However that’s probably to going to happen, so as usual @OffTheDole and I are still searching for a 4th.

3 Likes

Would join, but playing 36 in Orlando on Sunday…

2 Likes

O man enjoy! You were our last hope, I’m still convinced nobody comes in this thread besides us and Clint.

3 Likes

And finally with no help from the local roll call page our tee time Sunday is full. See you soon @OffTheDole

3 Likes

38l1il

3 Likes

Just dropped in to bump this for those that haven’t heard

2 Likes

New course in St. John’s County designed by Sticky Icky Bobby Weed? First I’m hearing of this:
https://www.stillwatergcc.com/

Couldn’t help but have this pop in my head given the name:

Our heroes were out there a few months back taking some construction drone-overs and interviewing sticky himself. I assume that content is in the can, waiting to be edited but low priority over the other stuff they’ve had going on and coming out.

1 Like

I drove through the other day and you can see maybe 3-4 holes. Grassed and looks like they were sanding the bunkers. I didn’t get out of the truck but looked pretty fun…

I live up in Brunswick, GA if anyone wants to play the Brunswick County Club or meet up anywhere else around here or in Jax!

5 Likes

Hey guys, long time reader first time commenter. I’m graduating FSU this fall (football is rough right now I know), and I’ve gotten a couple offers in the Jacksonville area, mainly across the river on the Jax Beach side. I’ve spent time in Jax and like the area, but have absolutely no clue how the culture is for a recent grad, living situations, clubs for a young professional, etc. Any suggestions for where to set up shop and any advice for clubs in the area would be awesome!

1 Like