Roll Call: Duval

Not from Duval but visiting from South Georgia later this month. Wife and I will be staying at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club for a couple nights for our anniversary and I’ll be able to play a round Saturday morning while the wife hits the spa. I’m a high handicap but am a golf sicko like all of you so love playing new courses and don’t care about posting a number.

Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on playing the Ocean Course at the Inn & Club. I’m going to call tomorrow to get a confirmed price but I know it will be high. Is it worth playing with the high price tag or is it better to drive off property and try out Jax Beach or another course in the area since I’m solo/high handicap (have played Dye’s Valley, St John’s, and Hidden Hills so far in the area)?

Thanks!
(If this isn’t the right spot for this or it was addressed earlier and I didn’t see it let me know and I’ll delete this)

The Ocean Course is pretty awesome. They recently renovated it, all new greens and fairways. Objectively it’s a better course than Jax Beach.

Jax Beach is a way better value though, I have no idea what you will be charged to play Ocean but it’ll be expensive. If it were me and I was staying at PV Inn, I would bite the bullet and just play Ocean.

4 Likes

Anyone interested in playing Saturday? I was thinking Palatka GC, since Jax Beach is booked up. I’m open to options as well.

I can do Palatka Saturday morning

1 Like

@ntpaaymans and I have a tee time at 7:52am Saturday, May 8th. We have two spots open if anyone else wants to join in.

Anyone playing Saturday?

2 Likes

I am. Sent you a message.

2 Likes

If I wasn’t out of town, I’d join.

1 Like

I’m interested as well if you’ve got any spots available

1 Like

another raffle bump

We are putting together an event to battle for the state. Get involved!

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m flying out to Florida from San Diego and visiting some family near Ocala from July 20th-23rd.

I’m planning on cruising up to Jax Beach to pay homage to the NLU crew either on the 21st or 22nd. Is anyone interested in meeting up? Earlier the better for me, but I’m pretty flexible. Would love to meet up with a few refuge members and enjoy a course I’ve lived vicariously through Trap Draw, WWOG, and Film Room episodes.

Whispers Also looking to play Winter Park 9 during this trip as well…

Heading up this weekend, looks like I’m going to be stuck on the alternate’s list for the Florida Open qualifier, anyone free for some golf Monday?

So are the greens everywhere in town either shot or not mown?

It has been absolutely brutal

It’s that time of year. Only the private courses have their greens in any kind of shape.

1 Like

Howdy folks. Have an unexpected visit to the Jacksonville area coming up on the 17-18th, so I grabbed the 5:03 pm tee time at Jax Beach on the 18th. Tee sheet was wide open, so feel free to fill one of the other 3 slots if you’re around for a twilight round!

2 Likes

Trip is coming up soon! We’ve decided $600 at TPC isn’t worth it. We’ll get Amelia River, Fernandina (everyone can play) and Amelia Island. Bummed tay Old Marsh will be getting punched.

Don’t know if we’ll play another round, but if there’s a couple clubs that you’d want to effort, where should we? Not starving for another round but if we can catch a sport fish, we’ll do one more!

I was just in the area for some family stuff and was recommended to play The Yards, a 12 hole setup at Sawgrass. It’s $65. Didn’t get out there but I’d say check it out if it fits the itinerary and budget

Haven’t played there in a while but North Hampton is a cool design that always used to be in great shape.