Roll Call - Dallas, TX

1 Like

Citizens of the metroplex,

Couple of itemsā€¦

1. If yā€™all could hold off the rain this week that would be wonderfulā€¦

2. Iā€™ll be in town beginning tonight - Thursday evening. Would love to sneak out and play (weather permitting), grab some food, etc.

1 Like

Hey, hop in here if you want to get out with some
locals this week, drop a line in the find a tee time thread.

1 Like

Can I get a fresh discord link? New to DFW just heard about NLU and see this group maybe the way to get out and try some fresh courses

1 Like

Try this

1 Like

Hey guys. Iā€™m excited to say I will be visiting Dallas (and also Texas in general) for the first time in a couple weeks. Iā€™m visiting a buddy of mine and Iā€™m looking for a course for us to play. Iā€™d love yā€™allā€™s opinion on the best tracks (public as neither of us have any connections at the private tracks). An important caveat: Iā€™m a lower single digit handicap, but my buddy is a newer player, so if a course is know for being a ball buster please let me know so I can take that into consideration.

@VanityCaptain DFW greens are a wreck now, so the list is much smaller on tracks Iā€™d suggest. Go to Rangers if youā€™re okay with spending a bit of cash and want to have a cool place thatā€™s fun for you and your buddy. Pecan Hollow, Mesquite, Buffalo Creek, and Irving are all in solid shape right now. Apparently Bear Creek is in okay shape, but you have to enjoy Airplanes.

2 Likes

Can I get the link to the discord please?
Got logged out

1 Like

Could I get a fresh link? Last one expired.

1 Like

Greetings:
Just joined NLU. Iā€™m 69, have an unofficial 15 handicap hitting from the white tees on relatively easy public courses (Lake Park in Lewisville, Irving Golf Club, Luna Vista). Typically play during the weekdays as a single. Because of that would like to find golfing partners.
Iā€™m not interested in competition except between myself and the course. I donā€™t waste time, donā€™t hunt for lost balls.
Feel free to reach out.
Hit 'em straight not too often.

2 Likes

We have a couple Dallas threads going already. Check these out!

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-big-plex-dont-call-it-that/91418?u=jbrooks

Yeah, Iā€™m an idiot and didnā€™t check back in time. But I did get on discord. So halfway thereā€¦ if you can drop again Iā€™d appreciate it

Has anyone been out to Starr Hollow lately? Actually looking at joining if we end up relocating

1 Like

Might get more action in this thread.

1 Like

Hey - I am relatively new to the forum and saw your post. I would be game to meet up and play with you - we are likely similar in gameplay. My name is Eric Schulze and I am in the Lake Highlands area. I usually play Sherill Park or Tenison in Dallas. Happy to drive out to meet you as well.

Thanks for the post!

Eric:
Thanks for the note. Youā€™re the first person to contact me about my post.
We live in Northwest Dallas but I donā€™t mind ā€œtraveling.ā€ I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played either Sherrill Park or Tenison. As Iā€™ve been kinda ā€œstuckā€ playing 3 courses (Lake Park near Lake Lewisville, Irving Golf Club and Luna Vista). Another course I like but havenā€™t played in a couple of years is Pecan Hollow in Plano. For some reason, theyā€™ve stopped taking tee times for a single and I havenā€™t played there.
Let me know when youā€™d like to tee it up.
My email is wendellbarnhouse@gmail.com

1 Like

Saw some newcomers posted in here. @OldWriter_OldGolfer and @ericschulze, the best way to link up with our crew in DFW is by jumping in the Big Plex discord (people post open tee times in there among other things - both for big events and just casual play).

We have a roster too and people covering the entire metroplex. If youā€™re interested I can add your name to the group on here so youā€™ll get notifications when we make any announcements

2 Likes