Roll Call - Dallas, TX

Great decision. Hope the event goes well. Reach out if you have any other Dallas questions or if you ever want to sneak in a round when covering your new territory.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone is still here but Arlington, TX checking in!

So a little about me, Iā€™m a 28 year old living in Arlington, Texas. Picked up golf during college and took a 4 year break (had to move overseas for a bit) and have come back and found that I love golf more than ever. Iā€™m a very average golfer 10-12 handicap (but I think itā€™s improving), I donā€™t hit bombs and I definitely duff chips all the time but I am looking to get better and more competitive.

During quarantine Iā€™ve found that I really enjoy walking and would much rather play 9 holes than go to the range and I think itā€™s definitely improved my game. I really want to set a goal of playing in the Arlington Amateur in 2021 and who knows maybe even the Texas Amateur. If anyone has any good tips for practice (places, tips, etc.) or if anyone wants to get together for a round and just hang out and come on this journey with me Iā€™d be greatly appreciative.

Again, I apologize if this isnā€™t the right forum.

1 Like

Hello all, going to be in KC 9/17-9/21 and looking to play Friday and Saturday. Iā€™m a 3.8 index and happy to play with any skill level so if anyone is looking to play let me know!

Where should I play golf this weekend in The Plex? Down from Canada for a few days.

Headed to Bear Creek for a industry scramble next month - hit me with the scouting report? 8a Friday shotgun start means it wonā€™t be the booze fest most of these events turn into, so will I enjoy the course?

New to Texas and No Laying Up. Currently living in McKinney, Texas. Would love some good golf course recommendations from the area!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! does anyone have any club fitter recommendations? looking to get set up through the whole bag.

Hey There! our crew in the DFW area has gotten really active on discord. Youā€™ll find a ton of suggestions and tee times popping up whenever youā€™re looking to get out. Hereā€™s a link if youā€™re interested.

Right off the bat, if youā€™re in McKinney, The Bridges in Gunther is solid and Pecan Valley in Plano has some of the best public greens in the plex. Westridge isnā€™t a terrible track on the McKinney/Frisco border.

Dallas golf is my recommendation

1 Like

I went to Frank at Sellingers. Good experience.

1 Like

I recently went to Bo Thomas at Golf Tech (not GOLFTEC). They are certified Master Club Fitter and have an extremely wide selection (even for lefties like me).

1 Like

massive shot in the dark but why not?

Anyone in the area have some womenā€™s final four tickets they are sitting on? LMK if so.

Have a buddy who works for the NCAA. Will text him

1 Like

Could you post a refresh to the discord invite?

Weā€™re hosting teams for practices. Will let you know if any come up to us.

1 Like

You bet. Hereā€™s a new discord link for DFW folks.

Can I bug you for a freshened invite to the Big Plex discord server?

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see you boys at Pine Dunes!

3 Likes

Would appreciate another link to Big Plex discord, if possible

Thanks