Roll Call - Dallas, TX

The Discord is where it’s at for setting up tee times in The Plex, boys. It’s way easy and very active. Don’t be shy, hop on and get involved.

Thanks for the heads up! I’d like to be added so I can link up with folks in the Metroplex!

Thanks, D! I’m getting acclimated now to the message board and look forward to a round with so fellow nest’ers!

I went ahead and added my info to the Google doc. Most of the content with respect to events looks like it’s last year. Are there upcoming dates I should keep an eye open for?

Can someone please send the discord link again?

Hey guys tried to join the discord but it looks like the link expired. I will be in Dallas on Friday and looking to play Friday morning near Dallas Love. I have to head to Stephenville later in the afternoon so trying to get a round in the morning.

Here is an updated link if you’d like to mention that in our tee times thread: Big Plex

The closest public spots to love that are pointed toward Stephenville would probably be Irving Golf Club or Stevens Park, but there are a dozen other spots between those two places. Just a matter of what’s available.

1 Like

Hello all - live up in the NW Dallas and have been looking to play a little bit more golf. I’m married 28 w/ 18 handicap and typically will play anywhere inside the plex. I typically to stick to the west side though at places like Grapevine & Lake Park (great place to go low). Trying to play more and get better. Let me know the best places to find some tee times to play!

Howdy, and welcome back. @DuckDuckHook or @duckhunter07 can hook you up with a link to our discord if you arent already on there.

Pleasure to have you on board! I have added you to the Big Plex Roost on here. For the best spot to find tee times with our crew, join our discord here: Big Plex

BREAKING NEWS the Big Plex leadership has put together a somewhat official schedule of events for the next season, which is this fall until the next Roost Championship season. For easy reference, I’ve created this little document for all those who are curious. We are currently working on one more event in the spring and the roost championship schedule isn’t on there, but everything else is laid out. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

6 Likes

New here; what’s the best way to get involved with the DFW crew(s) and keep alerted to the events?

I’ll add you to our local roost here in a second, which will get you into our group’s threads. If you want to keep updated with our events as well as any open tee times with members or random banter, set yourself up on discord and join the Big Plex server I’ve linked here: Big Plex

1 Like

Just wanted to throw this out to you guys. The Sixers on Ice event hosted by the STROHS will be open on the events page tomorrow morning at 9am! 20 spots left! @therealmarkymark

3 Likes

Hello all. Just joined and got involved with the Refuge and the Nest…Huge NLU fa n here…live locally in DFW area, and looking to play more and meet folks in 2024…looks like I’m in the right thread…

Coming to Grapevine in late January for a business conference. Got a window to fit 18 holes in before the plane flight home.

Would u recommend to pony up and pay extra to play Cowboys GC or to pay less and play Grapevine GC? We can afford to pay the extra for Cowboys GC if it truly is a legit course and experience.

Thanks in advance for the advice and thoughts.

1 Like

I would shoot for Grapevine. Just be sure to book it as soon as tee times open, because Grapevine is one of the most sought after public times in the metroplex.

Just joined the Nest, looking forward to meeting y’all and playing some golf.

2 Likes

I will also be in Grapevine for work during that same period for a business conference. I wonder if we work in the same industry. :thinking: