Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2)

Calumet 5 is such a great Ross middle finger to golfers. I love that hole.

Another, although not particularly long, is the 6th at Dunedin Golf Club. The front bunker is a wall of sand. Long is death. I’ve played it twice. Made 7 first time around, and a ridiculous par the second time.

7 Likes

Local knowledge needed there.

Poor supers.

Not Chicago local but Donald Ross #13 at French Lick has been my ross par 3 nemesis over the years. 3 tier green, 200 yard carry, always into a stiff wind and basically danger or ob everywhere else.

11 Likes

Guis but what about that false front on Sydney #6?

4 Likes

Use the front pin location you cowards!

7 Likes

If anyone wants to get out tomorrow I’m booked as a single in the 11am at Highland Woods. $25 walking.

Had I not gotten an “organizational realignment” email this morning - I’d be SO in.

Love the 2pm meeting on a Friday afternoon

4 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Ts and Ps for real. I guess that’s better than a 15 min meet now?

5 Likes

Exec moving to a different department to make room for another exec to hire in a director. The C-Suite feeding the C-Suite. Truly the year of reaping for the big dogs.

8 Likes

Anyone down to play some Par 3 golf this season?

We’re starting a league (a la Breakfast Ball).

4 Likes

Anyone else planning on being a 2043 Cubs starting outfielders’ parent sitting in the bleachers? Can’t be that hard to teach, right- catch a ball, hit a ball. Sitting in Germany might be a disadvantage, sure… got the eyes locked in, though, that’s a start

17 Likes

Long time listener, first time caller. Just wanted to put it in the ether, but am I the only person that sees snow and dies a little on the inside these days? I got the golf bug last few years (i dropped from 23 down to a 13 over the past year) and i played every month last year while I was in grad school. Now with a full time job it obviously makes it harder to get out there, so when my Saturday tee time got snowed out I was definitely frustrated, considering the snow on the ground has been rare this year.

Anyways, what courses are you guys excited to get out and play after the dark and long Chicago winter? I my personal favorites are the preserve and Shepards crook. I’ll hang up and listen.

15 Likes

I always tell my wife that it’s not allowed to snow after Jan 1st. Golf season can’t get here soon enough.

5 Likes

Welcome! Join us on Discord!

4 Likes

Should’ve aced it.
#PlayBetter

6 Likes

I’ve been given a hard time about enjoying playing Oak Brook…can’t wait to get back out there. Welcome.

3 Likes

You’re gonna like it here.

taps the sign

5 Likes

Maccianos, thin crust sausage, well done.

Sturdy Shelter Brewing Pulped Up Hazy IPA

Geneva Golf Club / Bowes Creek Golf Club. Thank you all for the responses, looking forward to next summer.

8 Likes