2CGC Chicagoland Par 3 Tour - 2024 (Presenting Sponsorship Available)

Hello Friends.

The Second City Golf Club is proud to present the “Par 3 Tour” in 2024.
This 13 week tour of the Par 3 course rotation around the greater Chicagoland area showcases some of the best short courses for every level of player.

Format is up for discussion - but some sort of cumulative handicapped stroke-play “season long” point total is on the table (race for the Portillo’s Cup?). A 12 week regular season punctuated by the “Tour Championship” at the Lake Park Pitch and Putt.

Schedule is still in the works (start date is weather dependent) but we’re looking at a regular weeknight/twilight slate of 12 weeks starting in April. The selected rotation of courses is:

• Zigfield Troy
  • Weber Park
  • Apple Orchard
  • Addison Links & Tees (MAJOR)
  • Winnetka Par 3
  • Mill Creek Par 3
  • Nickol Knoll
  • Greenshire
  • Antesberger
  • Golf Center of Des Plaines night game (MAJOR)
  • Grayslake Par 3
  • Cantigny Par 3

Championship - Lake Park Golf Course

Below is the sign up sheet - who’s interested?

3 Likes

No Barn Hallow?

1 Like

man I used to go there on lunch break when I worked in Lemont back 15 years ago good to see its still there

1 Like

Championship match takes place at ThreeTops in Gaylord, MI.

Thinking about making Barn Hallow the first week event as a “preseason”.
I’m a big fan of that course - but know that a lot of folks here aren’t as friendly to it

2 Likes

What, no Glenview Prairie? (Ok technically a couple par 4s…)

3 Likes

That’s for next year. LOTS of really solid “executive” course options around for a 9 Hole Tour (shoutout Twin Lakes)

2 Likes

SIIIIIICK

1 Like

That might be how to get Tam O’Shanter on the rota

4 Likes

These are all probably weeknights?

1 Like

Yep! Would like to make it a constant weekly “league” if possible

(EG: Every Wednesday night at 6pm)

4 Likes

Tour championship at a course where you hit off mats, epic. Winner must dive into the lake afterward

5 Likes

Anyone have any insight on the renovation at Winnetka? I slightly care about the big course but really intrigued about the par 3.

1 Like

Twin Lakes will forever be my nemesis…

2 Likes

Loser has to do a lap in a pedal boat.

3 Likes

@TCRBrad can’t commit to the entire season, but will gladly hang around the local events. Maybe we have subs for certain weeks at certain places for the main players.

4 Likes

I love the sound of this, but isn’t it quite a bit spread out for a weeknight league?

Seems like everyone’s going to have a course or two that is easy to get to, but the rest could be a bit tough to make a 6 pm weeknight tee time.

2 Likes

This is where the feedback is welcome.
Certain folks wont make the trek all the way north to Zion, while others wont go to Geneva.

Tried to grab a bunch in the “greater Chicagoland area” to make travel as easy as possible.

But always open to suggestions on how to make this work

2 Likes

I think this is where I’m at as well. Would absolutely love to participate but have a bit of hesitation with the 8 event minimum for the points race. Initially I think I can reasonably make exactly 8 events but that’s before traffic/work/life in general gets in the way.

That being said I’m not really sure I have a better alternative. Of course with a point race you want a minimum, so I don’t necessarily think that needs to be taken out. Depending on the point structure maybe giving people the ability to declare one non-major round as 2x/double points before balls are in the air? Then you’d effectively only have to play 7 rounds. Not sure just spitballing for if flexibility ends up being an issue

1 Like