Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal

I live in SoIL and would rather play with some CenIL guis than STL.

1 Like

Just popping in to say hello. Got a job at Bradley and am moving to Peoria sometime this summer. Looking forward to teeing it up with people in the area.

6 Likes

@DrJ Welcome to Central IL and the finest private institution in the Midwest!

4 Likes

Looks like we are going to be buying a house in the Washington area. Anyone ever play at Qual Meadows, Pine Lakes, or Hillcrest and have any insights about those courses? They all have pretty reasonable membership passes.

1 Like

I played Quail Meadows a few times last year. It was enjoyable, fairly run of the mill for what I’ve played in Central IL. Wide open, but had some pretty challenging shots, and a few holes with more elevation change than you’d expect. I remember the greens to be on the mild side. Not sure on the other two, but I drive by Pine Lakes when I go to/from Quail. Most unsuspecting spot for a golf course, truly out in the middle of country farmland, but it looks good enough from the road.

1 Like

I’ve heard Metamora Fields is the place to play in that area

4 Likes

Yeah when I was there on my job visit and getting a tour from a realtor he mentioned that one. Looks cool. Wide open “links” style. Feels a bit pricey though at $70 for 18 holes. But maybe that’s just me and preferring to live that strapped life.

If you wanna live the Strapped life jump on the $885 Peoria Park District membership. You can get all that back easily by mixing up your rounds between Newman, Madison, and Kellogg.

2 Likes

Yeah I got young adult membership through Pekin Park district for super cheap. I think adult is a bit cheaper than Peoria PD, and drive is likely the same 25-30 minutes from Washington to any of the courses in Peoria or Pekin PD.

I think you’d likely be set at Quail as it’ll be the closest, but if you want variety and don’t mind driving an extra 15-20 then either park district would be a great choice.

Metamora Fields is definitely rich for my blood as a regular place to play, but would love to at least get out and check it out this summer if we can.

1 Like

Pine Lakes is one of my favorite tracks in the area. Fun layout and is always kept in really good condition.

1 Like

Cross posting from the Indiana thread in case any of you western/southern Illinois sickos want to get involved with central/southern Indiana!

1 Like

Hey! Looking for a reason to come to Detroit and play a ton of golf? Boy do I have an option for you!

UMGC Friday and The Rack all day Saturday?! That’s true value!

3 Likes

Heads up for any interested central Illinois golfers/do-gooders: Our annual Tee It Up! For The GFPD online auction is now live through Sunday night (May 22nd): BidPal One

Our auction is sort of all over the place in terms of variety (seriously take a look), but here are a few items that might be of interest:

• Golf courses - Lawsonia, Weibring (ISU), Arrowhead CC, El Paso, TPC Deere Run, City of Bloomington (The Den, Highland, Prairie Vista), Ironwood
  • A Dormie Network overnight package at one of 5 clubs for four people
  • Lake Michigan private Yacht cruise for 8 people
  • Golfer’s Journal subscription and back issue bundle (issues 15-18)
  • Bettinardi limited edition putter cover
  • NLU Pro Shop gift cards
  • Some incredible artwork, photography, and woodwork

Plus we’re waiting for details today, but we might even add in some Masters pro shop apparel at the last minute from a generous friend! Watch this space, as they say.

All of the funds go the GFPD, the amazing non-profit organization that funds research for my son Max’s disorder.

Any questions, let me know! Thanks so much for taking a look!

5 Likes

Some awesome stuff in there. Will definitely be watching and hopefully bidding on some stuff over the weekend!

2 Likes

And literally as I was typing this up - we had a foursome back out for Friday morning so we have an empty slot. If anyone is interested in playing Friday at 8:00 in our scramble at Weibring, let me know! $125/golfer and includes lunch. Free beverages and lots of contest/prizes on the course.

1 Like

Bump - our auction ends tonight at 9pm CST! The Bettinardi putter cover and Golfer’s Journal subscriptions are still waiting on the minimum bid, and the NLU gift cards are below face value at the moment…

And if anyone likes bourbon, we have a 15-year Pappy Van Winkle, plus Weller, Old Fitz, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Colonel E.H. Taylor Single Barrel.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thank you for the bump! Glad I saw this when I did, just went and placed a bid.

1 Like

Awesome - thanks @camgriff2! Hope you win it!

1 Like

Got an email from the Peoria Park District that the men’s city championship starts this weekend and I noticed @phegs32 was on the tee sheet. Best of luck!!

5 Likes

If anybody takes a wrong turn and ends up around Springfield, hit me up to play. I’m right by The Rail.

2 Likes