Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

Put it on a fucking t-shirt

8 Likes

I think it’s that 2 day stretch in the middle of summer where the weather is absolutely perfect, but I don’t really know.

9 Likes

And everyone’s so nice. Unlike those monsters on either coasts.

3 Likes

Wife and I have already started tacking exploratory trips onto work travel when in warmer climes to determine where we’re going in the winter once our youngest graduates HS in 3.5 years. Will be checking out Palm Springs in 3 weeks. I will not do this* for the rest of my life.

*This: lose power yesterday only to be told it will be Monday at the soonest before it’s restored, while dealing with flu or Covid that’s knocked me on my ass as I quarantine in a friend’s basement.

4 Likes

It’s actually kind of too hot where I am.

Gonna have to wear the sun sleeves and big straw hat to when I go hit some range balls in a bit.

6 Likes

You’re off the list. Enjoy Florida in August.

Good news for everybody else, however, as another spot opened up somehow!

16 Likes

My parents are leaving on Sunday for 2 months in palm springs. I kind of hate them. Mostly because I didn’t have the time to go out for a week like I normally do.

3 Likes

I’ll buy some beers if you let me back in!

When do we pay?

8 Likes

lets get the purge signups and finalization of the list going!

11 Likes

I’ll owe the $20k or so in full about 30 days in advance. So, probably end of June will be money changing hands.

Also, you know I couldn’t actually kick you out, I’m just jealous as I look at the ice and snow outside.

10 Likes

12 Likes

I have to be strategic about how I’m accepting and then spending money so my wife doesn’t murder me. Plus, then I get to give others who want in and have to arrange travel plenty of time.

1 Like

oh i fully understand, i just have the patience and reading level of a 12 year old

4 Likes

Good news, you can sign up for the North Star Shootout!

1 Like

Show off. If I get to that level it will be a good day. I believe the term my wife used was “squirrel that found a lot of cocaine” when describing my focus and patience.

2 Likes

rage GIF

Quiet-rage GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 Likes

Come on Milwaukee Journal Sentinel do better. The Refuge was onto this months ago.

7 Likes

@Pinehurts sounds like the TrapDraw boys are “monitoring” Wally’s as a Buc-ee’s ripoff as mentioned in the latest pod.

Here’s hoping @djpie sets them straight and everyone realizes what a pleasant experience you get at Wally’s compared to the overwhelming sensory assault that is Buc-ee’s.

2 Likes

100% agree. Also a little shocked Wally’s made it big time on the TD. Might have to contact them for a statement.

2 Likes

Fun fact about me: I lived in St. Louis Park once upon a time and worked in Golden Valley. This might seem a non-sequitur, but I might be able to play the nostalgia card to get this event approved by my wife (which would otherwise be a hard no given my attendance at Abandoned Dudes and the Ope-In this year). She really loved running around the lakes so there’s a good chance she says yes if I can bring her along (I’ll tell her it’s not actually in MSP when we arrive, of course).

Edit: hold on. It’s in Minneapolis? I’m signing up. Her permission is guaranteed. Chance to relive our youth.

10 Likes